Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update: Memory Card Reader/Writer Driver Registry Patch 20060210

a7med_360
Visitor

Vaio Update: Memory Card Reader/Writer Driver Registry Patch 20060210

Ive been trying to run this update for months and it hasnt worked, ive downloaded it manually and installed it asks me to reboot but it still doesnt work as it asks me to install again and reboot again, i remember there was a thread on this somewhere here but the search function doesnt work and there are too many page to find it :slight_frown: If someone resolved this problem please tell me how as its not showing me any other recent update released by sony like for the motion eye thank you....

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi a7med_360,

Where are you downloading the Memory Card Reader/Writer Driver Registry Patch 20060210 update from, I can't see anything in the downloads section for the AR21S .. :thinking:

a7med_360
Visitor

I was using the Vaio Update(version 3)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi a7med_360,

Are you running Vista or XP..?

Also according to the instructions you need to install the Memory Stick Driver Version 2.0.0.16 first..

You may have success updating the Memory Card ReaderWriter Driver Registry Patch 20060210 by doing the following..

Downloaded the Memory Card ReaderWriter Driver Registry Patch 20060210, then go to the folder that you contains the Vaio-update file TIDMSC-01160801-UN.exe

Then extract the files, something like win-Rar should enable you to do this, once extracted click and run the set-up.exe file.

a7med_360
Visitor

im running xp media center and i have already installed that

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Did you try updating the Memory Card ReaderWriter Driver Registry Patch 20060210 by doing the following..

Downloaded the Memory Card ReaderWriter Driver Registry Patch 20060210, then go to the folder that you contains the Vaio-update file TIDMSC-01160801-UN.exe

Then extract the files, something like win-Rar should enable you to do this, once extracted click and run the set-up.exe file.

a7med_360
Visitor

yee i did that

a7med_360
Visitor

after i reboot(when installing the patch) when windows starts it opens the vaio update page which gives me this error message

The following updates failed or need to be installed manually:

Memory Card Reader/Writer Driver Registry Patch (0.31 MB)

when i open my update file which it shows to new files Patchlist.dat and uncheckitem.dat both of which dont open as it says please choose program to open with and also both have the windows media player icon on them :thinking:

a7med_360
Visitor

could it be a fault from sony???????

has anyone else experienced this im running AR21s

Dekesh
Visitor

I think this is a common problem and was discussed here a few weeks earlier. i think its a sony related problem and all we can do is wait i guess