Join now - be part of our community!

S video & composite in on xl-301

h4
Visitor

S video & composite in on xl-301

hello all...this is my first blog (ever)... anyway. Bought myself a fantastic xl 301 for my 28th last week. i wonder if anyone can tell me how i can use the s-video and composite inputs at the front!

i want to connect my handycam, i haven't tried i link yet, but was experimenting with composite since i wanted to back some ancient video tapes to dvd.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi h4 and welcome to Club Vaio.

Hope you enjoy the XL301.

The easiest way to use your Analogue inputs is to use the installed program 'Click to DVD'.

Go to Start -> All Programs -> Click to DVD

On the opening screen under Capture Video you can select Analogue Inputs or i-Link. If you connect your VCR by S-Video plus L/R Audio or just by Composite Video, all you need to do is tell Click2DVD how long the video is (so it knows if it needs to compress it to get it on one DVD) and start the player and Click2DVD will import your video - allow you to edit it - and burn it to a DVD.

There are more sophisticated programs but I find Click2DVD easy to use and reliable.

:wink:

h4
Visitor

thank you.
i tried this... a message came up saying i needed to adjust the screen resolution to more than 800 by 650 or something similar. my current res. is at 1280 by 720 since i cant read it... i adjusted to my tv's res. of 1368 by 720...still no luck.

tried it through media centre but then when i closed media centre i and try again from the start menu (as advised) it says the cannot run 2 burning programs... i'm not running anything else....

h4
Visitor

sorry i should have mentioned that click-to-dvd was the program that generated the "adjust screen resolution" message

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That sounds wierd, I've not seen that before - are you connected to the TV by HDMI?

Have you set up the TV Channels - the AV input uses the AverMedia TV Card and this needs to be configured?

:thinking:

h4
Visitor

yes i know. everything (tv wise) seems to be working fine, i can use both tuners. i'm connected with hdmi. i was surprised... this is the message

"Click to DVD cannot be used in the present screen mode. Please start Click to DVD after setting the screen area to more than 1024x650 and color to more than High Color(16 bit)"

im running it at 32 bit colour and at 1360x768- which is the native resolution of my tv

ChalkyWhite71
Visitor

... and it can't be an out-of-date version number as my XL201 shipped with v2.5.35.09140 which is the latest version of Click2DVD according to the Vaio website just now.

Have you tried checking all the latest optional hardware microsoft patches regarding video?

I don't like to apply optional hardware patches unless something is wrong, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Cheers