Join now - be part of our community!

SVF1531C5E - VAIO Update no longer works

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
YorkyUK

It says a new version of VAIO Update is avaialble and it cannot be used unless it is updated.

When I select to update nothing happens.

Sony what is going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
YorkyUK

I was contacted by a member of the Sony Support team and I can now confirm Vaio Update now works again for me also.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
elemekh
Explorer

I have the same problem (SVF15n1x2rb)

MDSonytz
New

Having the Same problem!!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This problem has been reported to Support. Any feedback received will be reported in this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MIROKI
Explorer

SVE1712V1EB - I have the same problem since yesterday 16 May.

profile.country.GB.title
Troyone0
Explorer

i am have problem that I just cannot make the adobe Photoshop icon bigger and it’s same in other programs.

Also this is not working VAIO Update.

profile.country.SE.title
Progek
Explorer

I have the same problem - SVD1321C5E. It says that I need to have a new version of VAIO Update and when I answer Yes to install it nothing happens.

profile.country.GB.title
niknik1971
Explorer

Just reset me SVD1322Z9E. Once it was reset was done I ran Vaio Update. It updated some, with some failing to update. I installed my own progs and a few days later I went to try and update the rest of the sony drivers and software. Unfortunately Vaio Update now does not want to play ball! Like What Progek is going through "It says that I need to have a new version of VAIO Update and when I answer Yes to install it nothing happens"!

This is really irritating. It would be nice to be able to go onto the Sony page linked with the devices you own that has all the up to date drivers and software. When i own a Samsung laptop its drivers and software page was much better and up to date.

When is this problem going to be sorted out (I have paid a LOT of money for my laptop and I think I should have better service than this).

Nik

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi All,

I think the problem has now been fixed as Vaio Update has now updated itself on two of my machines – both Vista and Windows 7 is now version 7.0.0.14270. New system tray icon also.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Mtx-xXx
Explorer

Hi!

Same here, my vaio duo 13 completed updating vaio update tool, and it looks better than before. New bios update just installed.

Also my vaio tap 11 started downloadin new vaio update.

Markus