Join now - be part of our community!

re-formating my vgn-a517m

Priapus
Visitor

re-formating my vgn-a517m

hey all!!!!

quick question, i am thinking of re-formating my hard drive because i think i have a virus or a Trojan that my Norton cant get rid of. that and spy ware and add ware have bogged me down some. i was just wondering how to go about re-formatting without losing all the original programs. or if you guys know of any programs to get rid of the above problems, i would be grateful, or do you guys and gals think i should go for the re-format??

thanks all!!

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Priapus,

what virus or Trojan do you think has infected your vaio..?

Priapus
Visitor

i have no idea, all i know is that i am seeing some process that i don't recognize(ctrl+alt+del) if someone can tell me how to upload a jpg(screen dump) i will up load a dump of my task manager.

i clicked on the check box below "I would like to attach a file" but nothing happened.

profile.country.CH.title
stone69
Contributor

There is a detailed instruction by Kee-Lo in this thread:
How To Post A Screenshot

Priapus
Visitor

thanks stone69!!

ok, i went into paint and put a red box around the things i have NO idea about. sometimes other process pop up and go away, like lucoms~1.exe. the weird thing is, i dont have an ipod, but i got stuff like ituneshelper and ipodservice (dump number 3)

i have no idea whats going on.

thanks all.

ps

sorry for the messiness of the dumps, the upload limit is 1meg, had to mess around in pain to get rid of non-essential image data.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Priapus,

Most of the processes you have flagged I recognise as legitimate. I suggest that you check out all of them by following this link .

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Priapus
Visitor

thanks a whole bunch!!!! i am using the full version of spy eraser. it found 7 problems to get rid of. spy ware(2) Trojan(3) and ad ware.(2)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Priapus,

Has removing those 7 items resolved your problem..?