Join now - be part of our community!

Help me please! Only one Core working in my Sony Vaio VGN-SZ5VRN/X

AuralNetwork
Visitor

Help me please! Only one Core working in my Sony Vaio VGN-SZ5VRN/X

Hello. Im looking for the help in my problem with core duo processor on my laptop.
From beginnig it work fine. But later Vista goes to work only with one core. (Vista detect only one processor in device manager)
Maybe i change something, but what?
Please help and Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
littlebucko
Visitor

hi m8 they will both be working as your laptop will not start what it is
most people are downgrading to xp as vista has bugs and a big virus
it will not let you do alot of things and wont detect all of the hardware
my sister has vista on her laptop and she has used 6 cams on it now /3 printers vista ones
and games but vista is not compatable still even though it says it is
i have the only antyvirus that will work 100% with vista and that is the new mcafee 2007
if you would like it let me no and i will send it t you via email for free

if you want to talk and you have msn add me

crazyrichard@hotmail.co.uk

or email me at

rebuckley@freeola.net

AuralNetwork
Visitor

i dont have a viruses.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Aural Network and welcome to the forum.

Try a system Restore back to a point that 2 cores were recognised. A driver update may have caused this problem.

littlebucko,

Please stop throwing misinformation into this forum. Although there are bugs (which new OS hasn’t) and some people cannot get to grips with the new MS operating system “most people” are not downgrading. You have stated in this and at least one previous thread that Vista has a Virus – perhaps you would care to quote your source on this or withdraw this nonsense.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
AuralNetwork
Visitor

Thank you! Rich912! Thank you.

I found a good solution then and post it here. Maybe someone got this problem in the future
So this is a steps:

a) going to bios, and press F9, save bios.
b) restart laptop and enjoy.

littlebucko
Visitor

hi rich912 i work making code on computers (eg microsoft windows )
one of the things i had to do on a computer was get rid ov the vista virus
it is not a normal virus no but it stops things from working (eg making vista slow / stop letting programs run)
i have been doing computer codeing for 2 years and have passed at full marks so please dont try to tell me i dont no what i am saying

and most people are downgrading from vista to xp as i have over 300 computers in my college that people have taken in for me to downgrade

and my brouther has his own computer shop and also does computer codeing and also has a order form of people wanting vista downgraded to xp

so next time research into things please before trying to call people a miss information person

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I'm pleased to hear that you have found a solution to your problem Aural Network - great to hear that it was not the dreaded Vista virus :wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

littlebucko,

If I was a vindictive person I would question your credentials, but at the age of 17 with a massive 2 years experience under your belt this would be gratuitous.

I am really surprised and disappointed that Microsoft has not been in touch with you to offer shed loads of money for you to solve this inbuilt Vista virus. Maybe they have but no doubt you are sitting by the phone with anticipation?

BTW I assume that a prerequisite of the aptitude to code does not require the ability to spell?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
littlebucko
Visitor

1, i have done code for 6 years

2, it is all in 0000100010010101000010001001000000001a111111b111111111

3, i work for my bro and we do not want to work for windows

4, why not just say sorry now you no that you are incorrect

5,did you no its easy to make and remove a virus
its as easy as 1/2/3 we do everything on computers and laptops down to the fuse on the mainboard

littlebucko
Visitor

:smileytalk_to_the_hand:
i dont want us to fallout over this as i say to everyone i help if you need help i can help i will
if i carn't i wont

:handshake: :four_leaf_clover: