Join now - be part of our community!

RAM manufacturer

Enigmatic
Visitor

RAM manufacturer

According to a few other posts, most of the Vaio's are using Crucial RAM. Upon inspection of my own Vaio FS315M I have noticed mine uses RAM from Infineon.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me ?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
chris_lewis
Visitor

Well there's Infineon memory in my desktop, personally I thought more Vaio's used Infineon chips anyway :thinking:

Enigmatic
Visitor

I ake it then that my Vaio will happily take a SODIMM from Crucial seeing as most people are telling me thats what I should go for.

Just wamt to make suer that the two manufacturers are not going to cause any memory conflicts.

Thanks.

William
Visitor

I have on many occasions mixed different makes of RAM with no ill effects.

Crucial "guarantee" that their RAM is compatible.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Samsung here.

But I have to aggree with William. Important are the specifications and not the brand.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The RAM in the RA104 is inferion and the RAM in the GRX is Samsung

biggie944
Visitor

I have a 417 m and that had crucial ram in it just upgraded and have used infineon works perfect

krige
Visitor

I have just tried to install Kingstone's banks and they couldn't fit in the slots because the middle hole of the banks was shifted of 1mm... weird (!?!?)

I don't know whether it is due to the not compatible brand, or because they are PC3200, and not PC2700 like the Infineon ones which were installed by default.

Anyway, I tried also to smooth the middle hole of the Kingstone's bank with a nail-file and succeeded to insert it in the slot, but the computer didn't start.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Damn that was a little silly, you should have returned them and asked for an exchange

krige
Visitor

Kee-Lo you are right, I'll never do the same mistake again. It's just that I have done the same thing in the past for a desktop module and it worked fine. Anyway the seller was with me when I did that (actually he did it) and he's going now to get Crucial's; luckily I won't have to pay for the smoothed one :wink: