Join now - be part of our community!

PROBLEMS WITH NEW SONY VAIO

PROBLEMS WITH NEW SONY VAIO

Hey guys hope i am able to get some help for my mom

My mom has just purchased a 

Sony Vaio Fit 15 E Intel® Core™ i3 Processor,

Windows 8 was already preinstalled so she turned it on and did all the business for setting it up. Dont ask me why but my mom was using a pay as you go dongle to perform the installation and as she was waiting for the updates her credit ran out so everything wasnt installed properly. The laptop when you now turn it on just displays " configuration failed reverting back to changes" on the screen and it doesnt do anything it was like that for hours and hours and never changed expcept to say please wait. We have tried to do the shift F8 and have also pressed the Sony assist button but the screen does not come up. Nothing happens except for this screen . We turn it off then back on and still this screen is there. Does anybody have any idea what we can do to fix this. As mentioned she literally got it two days ago and Windows 8 was pre installed so we dont have a disc

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 9815SHELLEY,

If pressing the assist button to access recovery (pressed when fully shut down) is not working then you need to contact support as there may possibly be a hardware problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

Hi

Thank you for your reply. As the screen is stuck on the reverting changes to close it down we just hold in the power button. When the screen goes off we press the assist button in and the reverting changes screen just appears again. My mom plans to contact Sony support tomorrow , we just wanted to see if it was something we could do in the meantime to get it to work. Thanks again :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 9815SHELLEY,

The only other thing I can suggest is that you force a shutdown and then remove the power supply and battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds before re-connecting power adaptor and battery and then pressing the Assist button to try accessing the recovery mode.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat