Join now - be part of our community!

Installing Sony Software & Utils

ElectricDemon
Visitor

Installing Sony Software & Utils

Hello, I've just received my Sony Vaio PCG K315S.

I decided to perform a reinstall of WIndows XP (Professional SP2) using a new XP serial and disc. However, on loading the drivers and utilities I have come across a few problems.

After downloading the drivers and unzipping them, i have managed to install the drivers except for the ones in a folder called SonyNC. I cannot work out what device these are for, I've right-clicked the install.inf and chosen install from the menu, but this doesnt do anything. inside the inf file, the driver description is 'Sony NoteBook Control. Does anyone know what this is for, and how to install it?

Secondly, I have Installed the utilities downloaded from the Sony website, and installed these in numerical order (Numbers by the folder names). In the power options for windows XP, under Vaio Optimized, i cant seem to find the settings for the fan controls or any options apart from the LCD brightness and CPU speed. Also, the Sony Notebook Setup control panel gives me an error message about it not being installed correctly. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Most of these problems are due to not having a customised Sony Windows XP.

seandom
Visitor

I would try right clicking on the file named SonyNC setup information. You should then see in the right click menu the option to install. You never know it might help.:smileyconfused:

seandom
Visitor

Sorry My Mistake you've allready tried that DOH!!!!:smileygrin:

Steptaker
Visitor

Hi. I've come across similar problems.

My VGN-A115B has a preinstalled XPhome which I need to replace with XPpro. All drivers' have been downloaded, and most of them have been reinstalled and _appear_ to function properly. However, some of them do not install or seem to interfear with others.

I wonder if those drivers need to be installed in a specific order. I called SONY for help on that, but they had only a generic answer at Hand: "Your device has a preinstalled XPhome, so we can not support you. No one at SONY does know a solution about this kind of issue". What I find pretty weird. Anyhow.

So my question would be, if you (or someone else) has ever successfully gone through an upgrade from XPhome to XPpro and how you have accomplished this.

Cheers from germany,
Steptaker