Join now - be part of our community!

Impossible to get into the wireless LAN

sunshine82
Visitor

Impossible to get into the wireless LAN

I've just bought a new Vaio VGN-N21S working on Windows Vista Premium but I'm facing some problems with the wireless LAN. That is I can see the availeable wireless LAN and when I try to connect to it it says it's not possbile and it tells me to make a diagnostic. Even if I try to solve or ate least to understand what the problem is, i can just have an error from Windows telling me it doesn't know what the reason is. Even when I try to read from the event log i can see there is an autentication problem and I don't know what's about. I tried several times with 2 different access point from d-link both protected or open wireless but the result is always the same. What can I do? I'd like to add I can get into the WLan with my previous laptop working on XP Professional. Do u think it's a problem of the Operative System or is it about my hardware?
Thanks to anybody who can help me.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sunshine82 and welcome to the forum.

I don’t have Vista installed at present so can’t talk with authority on this, but have a look at this trouble shooting guide for wireless connection with Vista.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sunshine82
Visitor

I've just asked to the seller to let me test a new Vaio VGN N21S/W but it doesn't work as well. So I think probably there's something wrong with the hardware in this model. We tried together all the possibilities but nothing. I think I'll take the notebook back and I'll ask for another brand. Sony doesn't gives me any response about it.