Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VGC-LA1

nemo66
Visitor

SONY VAIO VGC-LA1

I jut got one new baby: VGC-LA1 !!!
Greatly designed machine, real contender of iMac.
Runs good till now...but one problem:
-when i try to watch tv over MediaCenter, it shows me live tv only a couple of seconds, then it terminate the live streaming and tells me that WindowsMedia needs to terminate the TV because of to low data .
Too low data over cable ???
What the hell means that???

Next room i use an MacBook with an EyeTv without problems...on the same cable connection!!!

Any ideeas?

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi nemo66,

I haven’t encountered this problem but for starters you could try reducing the hardware acceleration on the graphics card.

Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties > Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
Click the Troubleshoot tab.
Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to the left but stop short of zero.
Click OK, and then click Close.

If this has the desired effect then experiment with the settings until you reach an optimum setting.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
nemo66
Visitor

@Rich,

-thx for advice, unfortunately there is no change in the behavior of the MediaCenter.

What other program may work with the integrated tv-tuner of my LA1 ?

Jazz0_4
Visitor

I have just got the same machine
Pleased with it as well
Fine on analogue Tv
If I connect a feed to the Svideo or composite Video
Can see the picture with a scan for services
It then reports IR hardware not detected
Hopeful there is better software available for the tuner as the one provide is limited

nemo66
Visitor

Yes...just try the free open source MediaPortal !!!
A great piece of software !!!
Please give feedback how it runs!

nemo66
Visitor

So nobody can help?
:thinking:

treemendos
Visitor

just bought the same machine two days ago and encountered the same problem over not finding the infra red hardware.
no wonder as it is not included in the box. after a great deal of time explaining this issue with pc world who acted as intermederaries to sony they discovered it should have an infra red remote control receiver attached via usb . this wil then enable the media centre remote to change channels and to finish the tv connection setup.
pc world has another identical pc in stock which was also missing this vital bit of hardware.
#i hope this helps
regards

Jazz0_4
Visitor

Thats help a great deal
I have been going through it with Sony support and all they have suggested is reinstalling the drivers etc when it is obvious they have shipped the machine with this problem

Found Click to DVD quite good you can at least record the video and watch it in full screen once recorded .

Will have a go at their support and see if they can point the way to an IR sensor

treemendos
Visitor

wow.what a nightmare trying to get this infra red remote delivered by sony.
i think i am going to have to send the whole pc back and get my money back.e-support are useless. they say they are still awaiting confirmation fax from pc world. I stood and watched pc world fax it last week.
useless

HamishHouse
Visitor

I am having the same problem with PC World and sony over the IR receiver can anyone tell me if this receiver is available??