Join now - be part of our community!

FZ31S Preinstalled Blueray Software

bertnut
Visitor

FZ31S Preinstalled Blueray Software

Hi all

I reformated my FZ31S sometime ago and when I recently attempted to play a blueray DVD I have realised I don't have the correct software to play it installed anymore.

Is there a way of extracting just this software from my recovery discs? Or is there another solution?

I have looked under the software and drivers section of the support site and could only find an upgrade patch.

Many thanks

Shaun

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Shaun,

WinDVD BD is only available as part of the Sony original operating system. If you have installed another operating system than you will lose any preinstalled software and this is not downloadable or installable from the recovery discs.

This is a licensing restriction made by Corel.

You will need to obtain an alternative blu-ray player. PowerDVD Ultra or the retail version or WinDVD Plus seem to be popular.

:slight_frown:

bertnut
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

I have not changed the operating system, just reinstalled vista with out all the bundled software.

I seem to remember on the Vaio I had before this one I was able to unzip the individual programs from either my recovery discs or somewhere else and install just the ones I wanted. Does this ring any bells?

Many thanks

Shaun

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Shaun,

It was possible with XP Systems to reinstall some individual applications but this has been stopped with Vista Systems.

Even with XP it was not possible to reinstall WinDVD individually - it could only be installed by recovering your Vaio complete with Sony software. This was a requirement of the creators of WinDVD.

The only way to get WinDVD back is to carry out a full recovery to factory settings and then uninstall the Sony software you do not want.