Join now - be part of our community!

complaints re: repairs and customer service

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
nicmonag
New

complaints re: repairs and customer service

Hello, I have had terrible problems with Sony repair under guarantee and also not under guarantee just wonder if any of you had any ideas what to do next or had similar problems.

My story so far.

Bought a £730 sony vaio vgn-fw31e i love this laptop i use my laptops so much that having one that suits is great, while my guarantee was still in date the ac adaptor plug in broke i dont know what the name is its the part you actually plug the adaptor into ill try putting a photo of it if i can, anyway on this model its not part of the main body its attached to it by a small plastic part well surprisingly enough it broke off which meant i couldnt charge my laptop up by this time my laptop only works for about half an hour withput being plugged in so as you can imagine it ran out and i was left with no laptop. I contacted sony repairs they were great i though wow best service ive experienced (yeh because they couldnt get money from me as under warranty still) well they collected it from my work packed it so safely in front of me, it went away was fixed and i was updated all the time it was great i got it back fixed a few days later.

under a year later it broke again exactly the same ended up not being able to charge it therefore it ran out i contacted the repair team they informed me my warranty ran out yesterday after speaking to the manager the nice lady told me its ok we will reapir it under warranty seen as it was yesterday it ran out, wow i thought again that was so lucky and good of them, i informed her it was the same as last time bla bla ...i was told i didnt have to pay anything it was picked up taken to repair centre i recieved an email telling me it would cost £170 about 3 days later so i rang re this price as i was told it was free they said because it was broken due to me using it wear and tear it wasnt covered i explained that it was the same as last time which was repaired under warranty so she said they'd get back to me i would say i had about 6 phone calls regarding the fact it was the same problem as last time etc etc they kept telling me i would have to pay for it so i asked why was it repaired for free last time and not this time, they couldnt tell me they didnt know so i said basically your telling me last time one of your staff didnt charge me therefore was your mistake or this time your telling me the wrong information, they replied by saying yes it must be that they didnt charge me last time! i was so angry i ended the call after i was told i either pay £170 to get fixed or £60 to be sent back unrepaired. I borrowed the money to get it fixed i couldnt afford any of it but least of all £60 to get it back and not be able to use it i had no choice i was in tears ion the phone we had not long had our first baby and was struggling already i couldnt believe the stress it had caused me having arguements trying to explain its the same rrrrrrr makes me mad just writing this.

So thankfully i had my laptop back and tried to forget the money and thought well its fixed, I THOUGHT.........2 months later it broke again !!!!!!!!!! i could not believe it, my laptop is on my desk i gets moved maybe once if i need to write on my desk very rarely though and as you can imagine i was being extra careful with it after spending that money. So i contacted sony repairs they said thats fine if its broken to do with previous repairs then it will be fixed free if not it will be charged to you or it'll cost £60 to send back, i replied stating the problem and previous case number and that i had problems it was obvious it was the same problem can i have in writing that it will be repaired free as i already borrowed to get it fixed the first time and dont trust it to be sent away without an email stating it as wont pay £60 well i couldnt they replied with an emailing stating I fyou do not agree to the terms and conditions then we cannot repair your laptop.

Its such a joke they are trying to get as much money from me as possible now its not under warranty, im so upset and angry i dont have the time and strength to fight it to be honest.

Anyone if you have any advice at all would be great my laptop is still charging but it wont be long before it will break and then nothing.

Kind regards

Nicola

a very cheesed off sony customer.IMG_8420.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi nicmonag,

welcome to Questions & Asnwers..:smileyhappy:

I've passed your comments on to one of our contacts with Vaio support & have been informed that hopefully some one should be in contact with you soon..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi nicmonag,

welcome to Questions & Asnwers..:smileyhappy:

I've passed your comments on to one of our contacts with Vaio support & have been informed that hopefully some one should be in contact with you soon..