Join now - be part of our community!

Buying Recovery Discs

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
danprowse
Visitor

Buying Recovery Discs

Hi,

I was just wondering where I can purchase replacement recovery discs for   a VAIO notebook and how much these would cost (£).

Also, do your new notebooks ship with recovery discs in the box or do they   have a recovery disc creator to create these myself.

Many thanks.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi danprowse,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I was just wondering where I can purchase replacement recovery discs for   a VAIO notebook and how much these would cost (£).

You can purchase a set of recovery discs from Vaio support..

You can find the contact details for vaio support by either clicking Support at the top of this page or by using the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

As far as I am aware the price is approximately 35€ (£30), however the price can vary depending on Vaio model..

Also, do your new notebooks ship with recovery discs in the box or do they   have a recovery disc creator to create these myself.

In recent years Vaio's do not come with an actual recovery disc but instead have a hidden HDD recovery partition and a utility that allows you to create your own sets(s) of recovery discs..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi danprowse,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You can purchase a set of recovery discs from Vaio support..

You can find the contact details for vaio support by either clicking Support at the top of this page or by using the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

As far as I am aware the price is approximately 35€ (£30), however the price can vary depending on Vaio model..

In recent years Vaio's do not come with an actual recovery disc but instead have a hidden HDD recovery partition and a utility that allows you to create your own sets(s) of recovery discs..