Join now - be part of our community!

Battery light flashing very rapidly

Haakie
Visitor

Battery light flashing very rapidly

Hi there,

I own a PCG-F807K laptop wich has always served me well. But i wanted to use it last monday it refused to work on battery power.
On one of them that is (i've got two batteries). When i wanted to use both batteries together the light of the second battery started to flash rapidly. Windows told me the battery was 100% full but when the first battery was dead the computer died as well. Using the battery in the other bay gave the same problems. Both battery's are about 1,5 years old. And before summer break both battery's worked fine. How could one of them be dead?

I've searched the Sony site but couldn't find anything regarding my problem. Any ideas?:smileyconfused:

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

I leave mine OUT of the bay on a 50% charge, I use the battery only when I have to, which isn't too often - want to see how long it will last. Hopefully as long as my RAM slots :smileygrin:

kee-lo_

The GRX isn't actually very portable.... weighs a ton!

tellingd
Visitor

The GRX isn't actually very portable.... weighs a ton!

Not too bad without the battery in :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

LOL yeah the battery is 2kg

Haakie
Visitor

Ok, and back to the subject. I think i've got something here. Inspired by the FAQ from Apple (of a computer-manufactures:smileytongue: ) i remembered an old trick we used on old cell-phone batteries. So i wrapped the battery in plastic, placed it in the freezer for some hours and now it recharging!:smileygrin:

I only have to check if it lost capacity after the ordeal. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the help!

kee-lo_

Cool tip...