Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-70r550a Netflix

profile.country.AU.title
Fishboy4055
New

KDL-70r550a Netflix

My father has a Sony Bravia KDL-70r550a and he just got internet. I spent 4 hours trying to figure out how to install the Netflix application on there with no luck. 

Funny there are several apps on there already like YouTube and Crunchyroll. From a thread I found and suggested in the settings the TV needed to be connected to the "Sony Entertainment Network". So we created an account on a computer and the TV even gave us the code to make it easier, which soon after it verified the connection to the network (winning...so I thought)...

However nothing changed, even though I reset the internet services through the TV several times. And yes I updated the software straight away and verified it had the latest version several times. I went through every menu more than three times and am at wits end.

I would have assumed at the very least we could get access to the "Sony Entertainment Network" but nothing changed, am I missing something here??? Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi there Fishboy, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

It can be a little confusing, setting these things up. It may be that you don't need to worry about SEN, given that the TV does have decent Smart TV functionality. Have a look at the suggested steps in this Neflix setup guide and let us know if it works. 

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.AU.title
Fishboy4055
New

Thanks Mick, there doesn't seem to be any answers there. 

I just find conflicting threads where some people have said they installed Netflix but that could have been a long time ago before the app got more technical. I presume as you mentioned that the TV is limited in capability but don't understand why Sony would still allow you to connect to SEN when you actually can't...

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hello again :slight_smile:

The TVs SEN functionality has probably gone the same way as other internet-based services. It's frustrating when really good TVs like this fall outside of the range supported by new technology, even though they still work perfectly well.

Have you considered investing in a 'set top' box – Amazon TV, Apple TV, NVIDIA Shield, etc – which provide Netflix and other internet-based services? You could then bypass the TV's connectivity issues.

Just a thought!

Mick