Join now - be part of our community!

Horizontal lines and error messages on my 65X9305C

profile.country.GB.title
Pipday
Explorer

Horizontal lines and error messages on my 65X9305C

I bought my tv 65X9305C in February 2016 and took out a guarantee for five years in case of problems. The horizontal line problem has manifested itself but is not constant. It comes and goes and when it appears I cannot get rid of it even if I shut down and restart and also restart (in my case) the sky box. The lines appear about 2/3 from bottom of screen and look like dotted lines/pixels. Also sometimes they appear at the top of the picture.I also gets lots of messages stating that google play has stopped or this and that on Sony has unfortunately stopped working. I have to get rif of these messages and it is furstrating to see so many on a tv of this cost.I have also gone into the Sony menu and tried to solve the problem but no luck.

I have read other comments and have contacted the Sony Centre I purchased it from and they contacted an independent tv retailer near me to sort out the problem. That retailer sent out two guys who duly arrived and offered me a 40" tv replacement. As it was Christmas New Year time I wanted to have an equivalent tv(as promised) to watch allof the seaonal films etc.So I said I would keep my set until the New Year and they will get back to me.

Of course when they arrived I switched it on and it worked perfectly, so I couldn't show the fault to them. They said they would take the set away and run a fault diagnosis but I am concerned that this might be the start of a long drawn out process before we ened up like othe members who have exchanged or returned their sets and have bought another make. I realy love my tv picture, when it is working and of course the sport in Ultra 4k is brilliant.

Any advice as to what to do would be welcomed.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pipday, 

Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your BRAVIA.

It seems to me that if you've got an extended warranty, then at least you should give them a chance to diagnose it for you and see what kind of solution they offer. Perhaps make a video of the fault in case it occurs again?

Hopefully they will be able to resolve it for you. You might want to report this to Support as well, if you haven't already, so they are aware you've been experiencing issues.

Best, 

Arthur