Join now - be part of our community!

Sony EX9005 in built apps only give 2.1 pcm through receiver

glenndog
Explorer

Sony EX9005 in built apps only give 2.1 pcm through receiver

Hi, First of all thank you for your time if you are reading this.

I have a problem with my Sony XE9005 producing DD/DD+ through my Yamaha RX-V373 receiver when using the TV's apps. I have a HDMI connected from the TV to receiver using ARC (HDMI 3 TV to HDMI out on receiver). I can get DD through my virgin box which is connected to my receiver by optical cable. 

Through the TV apps (Netflix, amazon, Disney+) my receiver will only give me 2.1 PCM. I have changed in the netflix settings to 5.1 already. If I connect my laptop into the receiver through HDMI and play netflix then the receiver will play DD+. Therefore I know that my receiver can produce DD+. My receiver is not 4k pass through which means I cannot access 4k or HDR content by using my laptop to work around this issue. 

Within the TV settings i have the digital audio output set to auto 1. Bravia Sync and is connecting TV to receiver and HDMI control is set to 'on' on the Yamaha receiver. Tv audio input is set to AV4. When I start one of the TV apps the source moves to AV4 on the receiver. I have recently rung Sony support but they could not help and i believe did not understand the problem.

If anyone here could help then that would be much appreciated as I do  not know what to do next.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
glenndog
Explorer

Hi,

Sorry that should be Sony 49 inch XE 9005 Sony TV not EX. 

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, I would say try the settings here: https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/eaep1/v1/en/04-04_02.html?hl=dolby+digital

Let me know if it worked.