Join now - be part of our community!

TFM-6100L FM Radio spare part (aerial)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alexmacphee
Visitor

TFM-6100L FM Radio spare part (aerial)

I have a rather old Sony TFM-6100L 3-band radio. The aerial has been broken, and I am tryhing to find a replacement. I tried my local Sony centre, and he looked at it and said "No, we wouldn't have one of those," even though it's remarkably similar to that on a Sony DAB radio that was on display.

Spare aerials in the usual alternative shops have a different fitting to the Sony. I've put a picture of the connecting end of the aerial below. Closed length is around 12cm.

If anyone has any suggestions for a source, I'd be grateful. The Sony support web pages aren't offering anything.

sony aerial.jpg

I'd love to have it in use again, not least as it has special sentimental value.

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi alexmacphee,

unfortunately Sony are unable to supply or know of anyone who carries replacement aerials for your TFM-6100L..:smileysad:

Hopefully you'll have better luck on eBay or similar..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  alexmacphee,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As you have found yourself it may prove difficult to obtain a replacement aerial for your 1970's radio, however I have asked Sony support to do some investigating but don't build your hopes up..

Another option you could consider is to check sites like eBay for spares or even an identical model that you could use for spares..

alexmacphee
Visitor

Thank you for that, I'm grateful. The radio has great sentimental value, having been a gift. I'll also keep an eye on Ebay, I hadn't thought of that option. Thank you again.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi alexmacphee,

unfortunately Sony are unable to supply or know of anyone who carries replacement aerials for your TFM-6100L..:smileysad:

Hopefully you'll have better luck on eBay or similar..

alexmacphee
Visitor

Hello there,

Thank you so much for trying anyway, and for the suggestion to try eBay. I did find an aerial to fit on eBay ; not an original, but it did have the type of fixing shown above, which seems to be peculiar to Sony, and though it was a little shorter than the original, it fitted, and it works perfectly.

So, my little radio is back in service, and it sounds as good as it always did.

Thank you again!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent news, I'm glad you to read that you were able to find and fit a replacement aerial and get you radio back in service..