Join now - be part of our community!

RDP-X30iP Dock and iPod Touch 5

profile.country.en_GB.title
Garry231
Visitor

RDP-X30iP Dock and iPod Touch 5

I have an RDP-X30iP speaker dock and recently purchased an Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation. The RDP-X30iP is designed for the iPod 4th Generation and has a 30 pin connection. The iPod 5th Generation has a 10 pin lightning connection.

I cannot get it to function with a Lightning adapter. I have tried several different adapters. No sound comes through the dock speakers and the dock does not charge the ipod 5 with the adapter in place.

Is there a soloution?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
boblog18
Visitor

I have same problem but also new to ipod . 1 use adaptor as a stand for ipod

2 connect to audio input on docking station via earphone using a 3.5 sterio jack to 3.5 sterio jack cable   I tried this from compter as I have difficulty setting up music on ipod it works and should also work with ipod earphone connection .

3 It does not help with charging problem but you can a charger or just connect to your computer

voosham
Visitor

You could do that but the iPod dock should work, it's not satisfactory that it doesn't work.

Message was edited by: voosham