Join now - be part of our community!

Minidisc MDS JE-510

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
teeyell
Visitor

Minidisc MDS JE-510

My machine switches itself on automatically (a common problem I believe) then "chatters" away until a disc is inserted. It seems to recognise the disc OK and start playing it with full data on the display but no sound is output. Any thoughts and solutions please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi teeyell, welcome aboard.

Wow, that’s a blast from the past. I believe it was released a little while before I joined, something like 97/98?

I vaguely remember a similar issue with this unit, but that was more a crackling on one or both channels rather than a complete drop out and was not connected to the unit switching off.

While it will likely need some service attention it needn’t be extensive. After this time, it could just be something as simple as a lose connection/dry joint etc.

Best regards

Lee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi teeyell, welcome aboard.

Wow, that’s a blast from the past. I believe it was released a little while before I joined, something like 97/98?

I vaguely remember a similar issue with this unit, but that was more a crackling on one or both channels rather than a complete drop out and was not connected to the unit switching off.

While it will likely need some service attention it needn’t be extensive. After this time, it could just be something as simple as a lose connection/dry joint etc.

Best regards

Lee