Join now - be part of our community!

GT950 Theatre Stand System/Cocktail Audio X10 CD STorage and Music Streamer.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

GT950 Theatre Stand System/Cocktail Audio X10 CD STorage and Music Streamer.

I am trying to play Cocktail X10 throught  Sony RHT G950 Theatre Stand System. Is this possible? and what is best connection route.  Can I play it through optical cable through DVD Optical input? Have tried and can't get it to work.  Surprise I am not technical! LOL.

2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Being technical is no reason to struggle, we are here to help. The other day, I had to explain to my parents that system updates are not viruses.

The easiest way to have a look into this is the cable itself. Optical cables are made of very fine strands of glass and depending on how they are handled, ie folded they can snap. The first thing I would do is plug the cable into the back of the Cocktail and the other end have in your hand and point it at a surface. It is not a blinding light but just in case.

Since it will emit a red right from the end that is not connected, you should that end light up a solid red If that is the case, the cable should be ok. Thenmake sure it is plugged in. Usually they click a little as you do it.

Once done, you may need to press the Input - or + button on the surround sound remote to get the right input.

I would try the above and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Visitor

Hi.  Thanks for taking the time to help.  The cable is working as is the Cocktail (tested on other speakers and headphones). When plugged into the DVD optical input of Sony Theatre stand, it does not play through the stand speakers.  I have selected DVD on the surround system remote and it shows it is connected by Opt.  But no sound?  Theatre stand works fine with TV, blue ray and cable all connected by HDMI.  Any other hints?  I want to operate Cocktail through Sony Surround system to save on space taken up by another set of speakers.

Best wises