Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Sony Experia U to Sony RDP-X280iP via Bluetooth?

profile.country.en_GB.title
chachilovesjoany
Visitor

Connecting Sony Experia U to Sony RDP-X280iP via Bluetooth?

Is it possible to connect a Sony Xperia U to a Sony RDP-X280iP Personal Audio Docking System via Bluetooth? It has Apple products plastered all over the box and the instructions booklet, and details on how to connect them, but SURELY being a Sony product, it is possible to connect to a Sony smartphone via Bluetooth? There are no instructions that I can see in the booklet relating to how this connects to any products, other than iPod/iPhone/iPads, and a quick internet search has turned up nothing either.

Someone please tell me it is me being unbelievably stupid here...

To put my frustration into context, this is the final straw in a saga that started with a promotional giveaway item when I bought my Xperia U over 3 months ago. I redeemed a voucher for a small Sony bluetooth speaker. After only 2 responses from Sony Promotions to my 6 emails (over 3 months) I finally got an email, 16 long days ago, saying they would send something out. To apologise for not responding, they upgraded me to the RDP-X280iP, which was very nice of them (especially as the original item had gone out of stock by the time they got around to sending it). When it finally arrived today after a 2 week wait, it appears at first glance that I can't actually connect to the Sony audio unit via bluetooth from my Sony phone.

I don't want to appear ungrateful for the generous upgrade, but this was a Sony "promotion". After almost 20 years being extremely happy with Sony, and Sony products, the whole experience with Sony Promotions has left a slightly bitter taste. The fact that the upgrade now doesn't appear to function with the item the promotion related to in the beginning, is just a rotten cherry on top.

0 REPLIES 0