Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting SANS 410 to Windows Media PC?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kitenski
Visitor

Connecting SANS 410 to Windows Media PC?

I am interested in the SANS 410 speaker, to connect to existing Windows Media PC I have approx 20 ft away from where I would sit the Sony speaker.

I can't seem to find out much about these speakers, the specs seem to do what I want, but I have onespecific question!

The home PC runs Windows Media Centre, through which I listen to TV, Music and Radio. If I set the sony speaker up could the Windows PC output music through it's own built in speakers AND the Sony 410 in parallel? The scenario is wanting to play music both locally thru the inbuilt speaker and also on the Sony 410 so I can move between the two rooms and listen to the same music.

thanks in advance for any help,

regards,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

kitenski wrote:

The scenario is wanting to play music both locally thru the inbuilt speaker and also on the Sony 410 so I can move between the two rooms and listen to the same music.

As I mentioned above I don't use Windows Media Player or Windows Media Centre..

However to answer your original question if you want to listen to music on both your PC & a SA-NS speaker then I would suggest using iTunes for this..

kitenski wrote:

How would I watch TV and radio from my built in tuner on my Windows PC using iTunes?

That's why I need to use Windows Media Center.

You can continue to use Windows Media centre to watch TV & listen to Radio etc as you do now, just use iTunes when you want to lsten to music in more than one room at the same time..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Greg,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I don't use windows media centre instead I use iTunes so can't help with that..

However I have a SA-NS310 & can confirm that I can play music via iTunes on both the PC & stream to the NS310 at the same time..

airplay.JPG

kitenski
Visitor

Thanks alot, is there any way you could try the same via Windows Media player to see if it can do the same over wifi please?

many thanks,

Greg

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Greg,

Media Player 12 has a ‘Play To ’option but this only  allows sound on one device and Media Streaming must be enabled in Network and Sharing Center.

If you have more than one network speaker you can of course use the 'Party' facility to play the same media on more than one network speaker.

If there is an option to play media from PC and Network Speaker simultaneously  in Media Player I haven’t found it.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Actually I have just discovered that if you start playback on the PC first and then select 'Play To' > network speaker you do get playback on both devices but not simultaneous playback.

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: thanks for update Rich912..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

kitenski wrote:

Thanks alot, is there any way you could try the same via Windows Media player to see if it can do the same over wifi please?

many thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

from what Rich has said it does not appear that it's possible to stream & simultaneously play the same track on the PC using Media Player..

I must say that doing what you want to do is really easy with iTunes why not give it a go..:smileywink:

kitenski
Visitor

How would I watch TV and radio from my built in tuner on my Windows PC using iTunes?

regards,

Greg

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

kitenski wrote:

The scenario is wanting to play music both locally thru the inbuilt speaker and also on the Sony 410 so I can move between the two rooms and listen to the same music.

As I mentioned above I don't use Windows Media Player or Windows Media Centre..

However to answer your original question if you want to listen to music on both your PC & a SA-NS speaker then I would suggest using iTunes for this..

kitenski wrote:

You can continue to use Windows Media centre to watch TV & listen to Radio etc as you do now, just use iTunes when you want to lsten to music in more than one room at the same time..:smileywink: