Join now - be part of our community!

COMPLAINT! Disgusting service and still I have no idea what's going on....

cosm0s
New

COMPLAINT! Disgusting service and still I have no idea what's going on....

I received a SW2 smart watch for Christmas...

2 weeks later after charging every other day the cover for the recharging connector has come off - it was stuck on with glue and, in my opinion was not fit for purpose.
20th January - I contacted the support via online chat

- I was told to send it via free post to your repair centre

- " The turnaround time for this process is currently on average 5-7 working days, from when the repair centre receives the product"

7th Feb        - Product was sent, along with proof of purchase, and contact details

21st Feb      - I have allowed DOUBLE the time required to return my product and have decided to try and contact SONY as I have had absolutley NO RESPONSE - no confirmation that you have MY property, or wether it's been fixed/replaced

- I contacted online chat support and told them what was going on, I was told the problem had been escalated and someone would get back to me within 3-5 days

25th Feb   - Online chat contacted, again told to wait

28th Feb    - Still no response

- Again, tried chat - they now tell me 3-5 days is an average time to get back to me...

- Told to ring the repair center drectly

- Rang the repair centre, they have no idea they repair watches, someone told me they would look into it - still NO RESPONSE

- Rang the sony customer services to COMPLAIN, again told my case was being escalated - still nothing...

This is now getting beyond a joke. I have been a loyal customer and I have always sung SONY's praises but this has really put me off buying from you in the future. I've been messed around with at every single stage. 
Your cutomer support don't seem to want to help me for whatever reason.

Regardless of how much the item costs or how busy you are I DO NOT expect to be fed lies to shut me up.

Not one of your team has got in touch with me, to follow up any of their promises to me. It's left me extremley angry and at this point I just want my watch back (at this point - you've had it longer than I have!)

I WANT TO MAKE AN OFFICAL COMPLAINT ABOUT THE WAY MY CASE HAS BEEN DEALT WITH & I WANT SOMEONE TO ACTUALLY HELP ME!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi cosm0s and welcome to the community.
Sorry you've had trouble with the smart watch.
IF you can bear with me I will get in touch with a contact at Sony, and try to see what is happening for you.
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again cosm0s (if you are still around)

I believe you were to be contacted by Sony, can you confirm this has happened and what the outcome was? Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Just a polite request to all our members that have posted looking for help or support, (especially those who have had their problem escalated by an Expert / Admin.)

"Please come back on the site and update us!"

(It may also help members with similar problems to you. :smileywink:)

profile.country.en_GB.title
pkcool

I have sony phone Z1, 2 x tablets, hifi,tv, laptop,blueray, camcorda.. I had sent two blue tooth head phones for repair. I can say the repair center in Finland was making me think should I buy Sony again. I contacted the Sony store in Helsinki the store I purchased the units from inclunding other accessories. Wow what support. From that point I can say fantastic support that gave me faith with Sony. Can not say the same for Sony service partner.

Thanks Sony Store Helsinki...
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks pkcool.

There's always something to be said for approaching stores where you got your items first :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

If you live in the UK you also have the option of a 'Small Claims Court'.

The process costs you around £75 but this is refunded as 'costs' if you win your case.

Before you begin such action you should try to resolve the situation amicably between yourself and the company involved. You should do this in writing. If the company does not respond or refuses to deal with the matter you should then write to them again and notify them that you intend to take legal action and specify when you will take that action if they do not resolve the issue. 7 days is considered fair.

If it gets to this stage , an (N1) Application Form can be obtained from your local Magistrates Court. The company involved will then receive a summons to court to answer the allegations you have made.

More often than not big companies don't bother turning up because the amount of the claim is too small to bother with, in which case the Judge will rule in your favour anyway.

I am writing this information as one who has had experience of 'poor service'. I spent two years trying to resolve an issue with faulty goods but when I eventually found out about the small claims procedure and threatened legal action against the company involved they backed down and offered a re-selection of an alternative product plus £100 compensation.

I have attached the following link which may be of some use:

Citizens Advice - Small Claims Procedure

I wish you luck :slight_smile:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14