Join now - be part of our community!

RX10M4 Wi-Fi

profile.country.GB.title
EricwM
Explorer

RX10M4 Wi-Fi

Bought a new DSC-RX10M4 a few months back, but am beginning to wonder if I made a smart decision.

The irritating, and I do mean irritating, problem is the Wi-Fi setup.  

I have managed to pair it with my Windows 10 desktop, and it manage to Search, Connect and Register, but each time I try to transfer images by Wi-Fi I the file appears momentarily on my desktop screen, then I get the message 'Some Media Files could not be imported'.

I have both Play Memories Home (for my HX400V) - and Imaging Edge installed, neither of which I intend to use, as I prefer Capture One Express

Where do I got form here.  I feel it may be something glaringly obvious that I am missing?

Esherman

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
EricwM
Explorer

Thank you for your response.  I am running 2.1 which I think is the latest.

Regards

Esherman

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Grrrr, it is SO ANNOYING having to sign in every time one visits this site! It's putting me off coming here!!!

Sorry for the rant but it is annoying!

In answer to the post, as far as I know Ver 2.0 is the only and latest firmware for the RX10M4?

Where did you get (read) the 2.1 from EricwM ??

profile.country.GB.title
EricwM
Explorer

Hi Cheddarman

Thank for your reply.

You are right, it is Ver 2.0

Don't know why I thought it was 2.1

Eric

profile.country.GB.title
EricwM
Explorer

Hi Cheddarman

I forgot to mention that my desktop is connected to my Wi-Fi - 1Gb -router by  ethernet 7 cable, as is my TV, freesat box and NAS. 

My internet is 4G (100GB £18pm) which gives a good speed, as we do not need or have a landline

The RX10M4 sends pictures to TV OK - so no problem there.

Nor was there any problem with Bluetooth to Android Sony L3 when I tried it.

I think the issue must be with the Windows 10/64bit setup, the pictures get to it by Wi-Fi, but then I get "Some media files could not be imported" - basically all of them

Have you any recommendations?

Eric

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Hi again ericwM

I think you are possible right, there were many issues when they went from 32 to 64 bit but I have no knowledge of Windows stuff now as we are entirely Mac and everything works fine.

Sorry I can't be of more use.

profile.country.GB.title
EricwM
Explorer

Well somehow I have managed to get the Wi-Fi working so that the HX400V camera will download to Play Memories Home, which is an improvement.  But it also grabs all the other photos (1000+) on my desktop from way back, filling up the 'C' drive more than I want.  Any ideas?

As far as my RX10M4 is concerned, I want to shoot only in  RAW, and although it downloads to PMH in Jpeg, I am not sure if PMH can handle .arw (RAW) files. 

So far, I have not worked out how to set up so that the RX10 downloads to Imaging Edge, which seems .arw enabled. Please advise.

My long-term objective is to concentrate on using Capture One Express for Sony, and send pics to that by Wi-Fi, or read them across from a downloaded file.

Any ideas will be most welcome.

Eric

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Sorry, I can't help you any more with this.

I just remove the card from the camera and plug it into my computer rather than having to keep fiddlingling with connection settings on camera and computer.

Good luck with it.

Also having to go right through the signing in, passwords, identifying traffic lights etc etc just to reply on here is a pain so I'll not be on here if I can help it. Every other forum I'm on remembers me, I stay signed in!

profile.country.GB.title
mike5100
Explorer

There's another similar thread running.  It looks like Imaging Edge Desktop has NO function that could transfer files from camera to computer via wifi.  Although I am fairly sure I managed to do it with my RX100 M6 via the household hub - but cannot get my RX10M3 to do the same thing.  Neither Imaging Edge nor PMH was involved in the successful RX100 transfer.  I think the camera was just seen as a mass storage device and the Mac just sucked the files off it.

By the way. Surely Sony realise that their clunky interface is cutting down traffic hugely on this forum.  Perhaps they prefer it that way, but if they truly want to understand customer issues they should make this THE place to come for help and advice instead of (say) DPReview

Mike