Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories Home crashes "Browser" stopped

profile.country.fr_FR.title
perdi13
Visitor

Play memories Home crashes "Browser" stopped

Hello

I have installed Play memories Home on a PC Vista.

When I launch it, i have on error message :

"Browser a cessé de fonctionner"

and the program closes itself.

Help ! Thank you

PS :

Message was edited by: perdi13

Message was edited by: perdi13

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello perdi13 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you confirm your model of camera, I will provide a link to download the latest version of the software to see if this helps.

Thanks,

Simon

perdi13
Visitor

Hello Simon,

Thank you for you help.

Model is : DSC-HX10V (Cybershot)

In fact the program (which I have downloaded on your website) crashes when it automatically begins to browse

existing images on my PC

I have seen on forums that it may have a problem because existing photos on my PC have been taken with an

Iphone and the geotag format could be incompatible ?

Thanks.

Alain

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

To see if this geotag issue is the problem, are you able to manually move the potentially troublesome photos (with the iPhone geotag) to another folder temporarily before trying to install again? If Playmemories Home is able to install to a folder where these photos do not already exist, that should eliminate this as a possibility.

Let me know if that helps or not.

Thanks,

Simon

perdi13
Visitor

Hello

It works now !

I have moved my photos from the images folder to a new folder and now Playmemories run is ok.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Alain

I have the same problem, but the files it won't open are videos that worked perfectly fine before I had to run a new update from Sony in order to use editing tools. So if these videos don't work now, how will they in the future? This update really screwed up my day. My videos taken by my Sony camera are incompatible with the new Sony Software. Thanks Sony. 

mwelli
New

I have just the same problem. Play memories Home worked fine until today it updated automaticly. Now Browser crashes shortly after beginning to browse the Pictures.

Mookster
New

Does this mean PlayMemories Home cannot manage iPone/iPad/iPod pictures? Seems to be a MAJOR setback for use as a picture managment software.

ouzel.chris
Explorer

Hi,

I have the same problem.  As you say, removing iPhone photographs from the PlayMemories Home database allows the PlayMemories program to function again.  But now I can't see or manipulate my iPhone photographs using the program (of course) !  Please can you release a fix for this ?  The issue will be affecting multiple users.

Thanks.

NazJunaid
New

I was getting this same issue, to get ti working I had to disable iCloud on my windows pc and move the iCloud Photos folder out of Pictures. I hope Sony fixes this soon