Join now - be part of our community!

Logging in!!!

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Logging in!!!

WHY can we not "stay logged in" like on every other forum? It is very annoying to got through the "I am not an idiot" logging in process every time one comes onto the forum.

ADMIN, please sort this out, it can't be rocket science! 😱🙄🤓

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @cheddarman,

just allow cookies and you stay logged in for 60 days. You only need to type in your email adress then.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
mike5100
Explorer

Surely that isn't true.  I have cookies allowed/enabled for all and every site I visit.  Or is there somewhere on the Sony settings where it has to be set separately.

I too have posted about this problem and got hardly any responses.  I wonder if it's only people using Google Chrome as a browser?

It really is annoying - especially as the login is slow and clunky.

Mike

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @mike5100,

@mike5100  schrieb:

I wonder if it's only people using Google Chrome as a browser?

it works both in Firefox and Chrome, maybe in other browsers as well, but I haven't tested them.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Looks like it's designed for PC access not MAC or other OS's, annoying to say the least. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @cheddarman,

I am quite certain it works on MAC as well.

I will check with @r_a_n_i  though.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Well it sure don't work with mine, in fact it just took me five attempts to "reply" here, kept getting:Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 21.26.20.jpg

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @cheddarman,

that error message is completely unrelated to the issue this thread was started for. Clear your cache and delete your cookies if you see that message (same in Chrome) - then you have to go trough the "complete" login once more though.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Thanks IamNic, that's actually what I ended up doing, restarting the Mac.

But nobody has answered the question as to why we cannot stay logged in like most other forums allow?? Again now I had to enter email, find all the pedestrian crossings then hit login again!!

Please ADMIN, can this be looked into, it's very offputting😭