RonnieJohn
New

Got my Sony a9 Camara wet , any suggestions on what to do

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @RonnieJohn,

most important: Do not use it for the time being and remove the battery!

Depending on how wet the camera got you might try to dry it by putting it into a box and completely cover it with normal rice.

So, put a layer of rice into a box (or whatever), place the camera case onto the rice (remove lense beforehand and use the mount cover to close the lense mount). Thereafter cover the camera case completely with rice. Wait at least 14 days (replace rice grains which have got wet from time to time). Do the same regarding the lense in case it got wet as well.

After 14 days you might try to switch on the camera again and see whether it's working (own risk). This will most likely fail in case the camera was completely under water as the rice will dry the camera but not to that extent that water which got inside the case/lense will completely vanish.

Therefore I'd rather suggest to let the camera check by a repair store in case the camera was drowned. If it got wet outside only, the above trick would probably help.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
RonnieJohn
New

Use cat litter from Wilco’s shop , Silicone Jell type comes in a big bag cost about £3.50 works well. Better and cheaper than buying sach type and just the same . You can even put it in small cloth bags seal with staple gun and keep them in your camera bag to keep moisture out of your camera gear . Hope this helps .