Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX5V - what memory card would you recommend ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hayster
Visitor

DSC-HX5V - what memory card would you recommend ?

Just a quick question.

What type of memory card would you use with the HX5V ?

It accepts quite a few different types and I wondered which works best.

Where would you shop for one too ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NorthernSony5
Visitor

Hello Hayster, I have the same camera, and was reluctant to spend £83 for a Sony card. I ended-up going on Amazon, and getting a Transcend 16Gb card Class 10. They recommend a minimum of Class 6, because of the wealth of high-speed data-crunching you impose on the card when you shoot burst at 10 frames a second or HD1080 Video, which this little gem will do! It cost about £18, and took a fortnight to arrive, with the terrible weather, and sheer volume of stuff customers were buying, before the blip in VAT, and of course Christmas! Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NorthernSony5
Visitor

Hello Hayster, I have the same camera, and was reluctant to spend £83 for a Sony card. I ended-up going on Amazon, and getting a Transcend 16Gb card Class 10. They recommend a minimum of Class 6, because of the wealth of high-speed data-crunching you impose on the card when you shoot burst at 10 frames a second or HD1080 Video, which this little gem will do! It cost about £18, and took a fortnight to arrive, with the terrible weather, and sheer volume of stuff customers were buying, before the blip in VAT, and of course Christmas! Hope this helps.