Join now - be part of our community!

Couple of Questions about the Sony DSC RX100 IV

profile.country.GB.title
Pure1108
New

Couple of Questions about the Sony DSC RX100 IV

I just picked up this camera a couple of days ago and  I'm loving it so far, I just have a few questions :

1. The shutter doesn't completely open. It doesn't block the lens and it can be opened manually by hand but I was wondering who I should go to to have this corrected?
  2. The cover/flap for the USB port on the camera is broken and doesn't close properly - who can I go to to fix this?
  3. Is there any workaround for going beyond the 29min 59sec video limit that exists to avoid the EU tax, or is this something that for legal reasons is not discussed here? If so, is there a forum that deals with these kinds of solutions?
  4. Is there a way to operate the camera from a smartphone? I have an iPhone 6 and I primarily make recordings of piano performances from a birds-eye view, via a camera mount - so I would love the ability to start/stop recording video remotely from my iPhone instead of having to reach up to do so manually.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team for further help with these issues here.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
Pure1108
New

Thanks Sean - I will contact the Support team. :slight_smile:

Many thanks