Join now - be part of our community!

TRV480E and Windows10

profile.country.da_DK.title
Rock-Solid
Explorer

TRV480E and Windows10

Hi,

Purchased a TRV480 years ago to use for importing Video8 tapes to my computer.

It has i-Link interface. Used at the time to import. Now I need to get it to work again - but have upgrated to Win10.

Connected the device - and tried - using TapeImporter and Pinnacle - they both could control the start/stop - but no video was registered.

Then I upgrated PlayMemorysHome to latest version and now the Tape Import function fails:sony tapeimporter error.JPG

Input to what I can do is much appreciated.

(Win10 is updated, machine rebooted etc...)

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

sorry but, probably, the problem is the compatibility of Windows 10 and this Handycam:

Windows 10 Compatibility Information for Digital Camcorders

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/129021

Camcorders Windows 8 & Windows 8.1 Compatibility Information

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/compatibility/520931#SD8

Manolo

Rock-Solid
Explorer

Thanks Malono,

The page about W10 does not list any TRV cameras.

The page about Vista has a note saying to use latest version of PlayMemorysHome - I'm doing that.

Bottom line - I'm still stuck and have no ability to read the tapes....

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I know... But now, you are with Windows 10, I think you don't have any possibility to capture the videos.
With an FireWire > ExpressCard and an ExpressCard > USB adapter... But, without their drivers, if in bundle with these adaptors, maybe the problems with Windows 10 remain...
Some secure way are an old HDD Recorder with FireWire IN or a Mac computer with a FireWire IN.

Manolo

Rock-Solid
Explorer

Some good news - after a reboot again I still get the runtime error on the Sony TapeImporter - but Pinnacle Studio14 is able to connect to CamCorder and import from my TRV480E  :slight_smile:

I have then tried with my DCR-P110E camcorder - get the same error on TapeImporter - but Pinnacle will do the job.

I dont see P110E on the list of supportet units under Win10 - but there is a DVD P110 unit there.

In driver info I get the same message on the P110E to upgrade to latest PlayMemory software.

Maybe a total reinstall of PlayMemory will help on this matter - but for now I'm good - and will try the other option later......

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Really good news,
I have always been in favor of FireWire (FireWire isn't USB...), there are usually no problems with drivers or other, and despite the declared compatibility was unusual that does not work.
Apparently the problem was related to the state of the Operating System, updated to a newer version (S.O. which is updated Thursday, maybe this solved).

Maybe uninstall and new installation of PMH resolve also his problem...

Sorry for my poor english.

Manolo