Join now - be part of our community!

Livestream with HDR-CX450B

profile.country.SE.title
An0kar
New

Livestream with HDR-CX450B

Hi, is it possible to use the HDR-cx450b to livestream if I use a videocapture dongle as a connection to my computer? Is it also possible to use the camera without the battery and have it connected to the ac adapter?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi An0kar,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

You can find more information for the HDR-CX450B Video Camera here.

Thanks,

Sean

profile.country.SE.title
An0kar
New

Hi again and thanks. 

I have looked but haven't found any answer to my questions.

Thanks

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @An0kar,

if you get a "micro-HDMI to HDMI-cable" and also get a HDMI-capture-card like the AverMedia Live Gamer Portable, you can connect your camcorder to it.

With the software provided on the manufacturers homepage (Stream Engine), you can use the signal as a video source in software like OBS and X-Split and live-stream to YouTube, Facebook or Twitch.

Before buying the capture card, I ask you to verify the cameras HDMI-output as "clean" though.

You can do that by just getting the cable and connecting the camcorder to your TV. 

If you just see the video feed without the overlay you normally see on the cameras screen, the HDMI.output is "clean". Sometimes if the output is not "clean" right away, there might is a setting to make it that way (normally the "Display" setting <- short "Disp." will cycle trough different overlay views including a "clean" view).

It could be, that your camcorder doesn't have a "clean" view - then you need to decide, if it annoys you or not, or if you can crop in via your streaming software to have the overlay elements out of frame.

- Nic