Join now - be part of our community!

HDR CX105E not compatible with High Sierra Mac OS

profile.country.GB.title
veterinarian
New

HDR CX105E not compatible with High Sierra Mac OS

Following introduction of OS High Sierra, my camera does communicate via USB to IMovie app BUT the media, whilst showing in the imovie proiect, will no longer import.

Sony support seem to be suggesting that there may not be a fresh driver fix for this camera.

unsatisfactory and unfair, or what!!

The camera may be of 2009 vintage but it is wholly serviceable, and replacement cannot be justified because of Sony’s apparent failure to service this model.

I am fuming!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi veterinarian, 

Welcome to the community. This sounds really frustrating and I have escalated this for you. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Veterinarian,

I have received some information about this for you.

We don't currently have any news about whether any updates will be released to make the HDR-CX105E compatible with OS High Sierra especially now that this model is almost 9 years old.

Here's the link to a list of camcorders that are compatible with OS High Sierra: http://bit.ly/2zyrMtg.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
veterinarian
New

Hi
Thanks for that. It does seem to confirm that Sony have washed their hands of this model.
That is what has made me cross. They are effectively forcing me to buy another Camcorder when there is noting wrong with the one I have!
And with the built in Hard Drive, it beats a lot of other models which rely on Cards.Too complicated for my simple mind!
In fact, I have found a fix anyway. The “Play Memories” App IS downloadable to my 105E. Having done so, I find that my movie media downloads
and whilst it does not automatically export to iMovie, it can be dragged across without any need to convert.
That is good enough for me.

Regards
Steve Sutton
sutton4346@btinternet.com
profile.country.GB.title
Maggiea200
Explorer

Welcome to my world veterinarian new.

Could it be that those nice Sony people want you to update your camera any time soon?

What they don t seem to be able to appreciate, is that having been subjected to this commercial blackmail once, you are unlikely to remain loyal to the brand!

profile.country.GB.title
veterinarian
New

Hi
I am not sure as to the marketing strategy that Sony are employing over this issue. In fact, i have taken the opportunity of upgrading to the HDR-CX625 which is far superior to my old one. As one should expect after 8 years! But I still cannot import directly to iMovie as before which is annoying. Instead, you get channeled directly to Sony’s own app “Play Memories Home” which is very slow. Then you can switch to Imovie which takes even more time.
Progress?? Jury still out on that!

Sent from my iPad
Steve Sutton