Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia X70F does not recognise the latest version of my HDD

Sony Bravia X70F does not recognise the latest version of my HDD

I recently purchased a Sony Bravia X7OF for Black Friday and have been trying to connect a Seagate Expansion Portable Hard Drive (2TB) so I could watch movies on my "Smart" TV. 

After my first failed attempt, I tried setting up a new format on the HDD (from NTFS to exFAT) and added only .avi and mp4 files. My main issue comes here: when accessing Home > Media > Video on my Sony Bravia it only displays the older version of my HDD. I know this because I have renamed my Seagate Expansion when I changed its format. I can also only see old folders which I have already deleted several times after formatting the HDD, and the current content of the hard drive is nowhere to be found. 

I have tried connecting the HDD to a PS4. There I can see the updated name of my HDD, updated folders and the current documents it contains.

Is there any way to update/troubleshoot the hard drive contents from the smart TV, or any other option to solve this issue?

Thanks heaps for your time and attention, cheers!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.

Please try the troubleshooting tips here for your external HDD and let us know how you get along.

Best wishes,

Ed