Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XF7596 with Sky set top box

profile.country.GB.title
Danielsheehan
New

KD-43XF7596 with Sky set top box

I have set up the new TV with my Sky set top box.The guide on the TV has tuned and listed radio as well as TV stations. Is it just a question of retuning the TV to connect to and list TV channels only, or will that just produce the same result ?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Yes it will, but what’s your problem? If you don’t want the radio channels, which will be at the bottom end of the EPG anyway, why not just ignore them?

And, if you are using the TV with a Sky box, why would you be using the terrestrial EPG anyway, when you will be using the EPG on the Sky box?

Tip: if you drop out of YouView (see the FAQ at the top of the forum for how) then you become able to change the default switch-on from TV to the HDMI channel the Sky box is on, and then you can pretend the TV is just a monitor for the Sky box, an ideal usage for it :tongue:

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Danielsheehan
New

The youview guide mlxes radio and tv and does not relegate tv channels to the bottom of the list.

I want to use the youview guide as it provides more info than sky.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Now I am thoroughly confused :thinking:

The YouView EPG adheres very strictly to the recommended Freeview channel ordering, which puts all the radio stations in the 700s.

There can be channels in the 800s, which can be regional duplicates, temporary placeholders for channels moving to a different number, or channels the TV does not recognise, e.g. if you take the set to Europe and tune it there. Could you be seeing any of these?

But because the YouView EPG is Freeview only, it won’t have any of the Sky channels, and even the channels that are on both YouView and Sky have different channel numbers.

It seems a lot of effort to switch to the YouView guide, get the extra information there (what extra information?), and then go back to the Sky guide to get the channel.

Or maybe you watch those channels that you can on the YouView side? Freeview do claim that 95% of all programmes are on Freeview (so same on YouView), which does not leave much to be Sky-exclusive.

But I remain intrigued by this mixed radio and TV YouView EPG that you see. Could you kindly post a screenshot demonstrating the issue?

profile.country.GB.title
Danielsheehan
New

Thanks. I cannot post screenshot at present, as away from home.

The Youview guide presents as follows: the first page lists radio and tv channels and all the pages present the same mix. Is there an options button or the red button to choose  a list of tv channels only. 

The Youview guide has a page for cast details.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Danielsheehan wrote:

Thanks. I cannot post screenshot at present, as away from home.

The Youview guide presents as follows: the first page lists radio and tv channels and all the pages present the same mix. Is there an options button or the red button to choose  a list of tv channels only. 

The Youview guide has a page for cast details.

We do need that screenshot. I wonder if what you are looking at is YouView Discover, or somesuch, and not the EPG at all?