Join now - be part of our community!

SONY Bravia KD55X8500E Color Washed Out (Greyish only the left side)

profile.country.SG.title
sony_bravia
New

SONY Bravia KD55X8500E Color Washed Out (Greyish only the left side)

Hi There,

My Sony Bravia TV (KD55X8500E) is off a sudden experiencing colour problem on half left side of the screen. The colour becomes washed out, turning into almost black and white colour. I do not have any devices connected to the TV via any cable. Is there anyone experiencing this problem and if any success in fixing this?

SONY KD55X8500ESONY KD55X8500E

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@sony_bravia 

My Samsung TV and my LG TV both have picture testing options in their respective Settings/Support menus, pictures chosen to clearly express colour issues.

Do you have anything similar on your TV you could take a screenshot of, as that YouTube image is not the best for clearly showing the issue?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Yeah that's not a great picture to see what is happening on your TV.

As royabrown says there is a picture and sound test feature on your Sony TV.

Press the Settings button on the remote, from the onscreen menu that pops up select Settings.

Now scroll right down to the bottom of the list and click on Help and feedback, then click on Help.

The next page will take a few seconds to load.

From the Help menu on the left select Status & Diagnostics.

Click once to the right and then scroll down to Picture/ Sound test.

On the next page press Start.

On my TV a XR42A90K this runs a very short slideshow of two pictures with sound,

so get your camera ready, of course yours being a different Sony TV model it may be different.

Previous Sonys I have had showed a static picture of Machu Picchu.

Also in Status & Diagnostics there is a Self Diagnostics, you can run that and see if the TV notifies you of any errors.

If catching a still of the Picture/ Sound test is difficult you could put a jpeg image on a USB stick

and take a photograph of the screen and post it back here.

Make sure the image you select is of high quality with a range of bold colours left to right

so we can clearly see your faded/ muted screen.

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

You can get the picture test screen by pressing Help on your remote control > Status and Diagnostics > Picture/Sound Test

Post a picture of the TV while doing the test to check