Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Android TV 49ex8396 - Remore control orange light

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Sony Android TV 49ex8396 - Remore control orange light

Hi..  Have had this TV for about a week now and there is one item that I cannot find an answer for.  On the remote control there is a Mic button. The Mic button function works fine and I can call up Youtube titles, etc,, but sometimes when I push the Mic button an Orange Light flashes on the remote and there is a beep sound but the fucntion still works fine. On other occasions when I press the Mic button the light does not flash but the function works OK . I can't find out anything as to WHY...  Even the instruction book does not tell you...  Any Ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Should of said remote of course in the Subject which I have changed//... Appoligies..  Maybe the Xmas spirit

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

It may be best to run your query past our Support Team, as they'll be best placed to help you. You can reach them here: http://bit.ly/2mpk3fQ.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Had a reply from Support. They said the light should come on when you press the Mic button. I then reminded them that it does not do it ALL the time but the actual Voice function still works.  It is a pity that Support just reads scripts and are not technical people....I am still testing to see if there is a squence that I use where it stops flashing when I press it but does continue on to work..

The Users of the forum seem to have more knowledge...

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

I have another reply about this. They said the Orange light will not work if Bluetooth is Off,,,,,

It is a pity that they DON'T actually read the question so maybe as the support people do not have a first knowledge of english it is not easy to get an answer... It is a bit like a Politcian,,  you ask a question and they answer with one of their own questions...

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I don't use it much, but when I do the orange light turns on when the voice search is enabled. Sometime that can take a quite long time due to the whole slowness of the system. So much that I may even press the button twice, just in case.

About the support.. it's a boring job. Usually badly paid. With people sometime yelling at you. If the support representative were more skilled.. they wouldn't do that job. Because they could get more money doing something more interesting. Usually there are three levels of support, with the first level being the interface with the people. So their most important skills are "social", not technical. Basically they must be good at selling (in this case the service) to get high reviews (if Sony has a review system in place. I have never been asked to give a feedback about a call).

For issues they can't solve themselves they should escalate to the second level (a smaller group of skilled IT guys, supposely trying to reproduce the technical issues or to give a better explanation about how to fix a problem). Then if the 2nd level reproduces a bug that should be passed (escalated) to the develeopers. And there is where the process in most cases stops  with Sony support. I even wonder if there is an escalation to 3rd level, since most of the reported (and reproducible) bugs stay there.

Still, the light on the remote is of very low priority. It's just a visual feedback for the voicesearch enabled. They hardly spend time on things like that when we still have the TVs randomly rebooting.