Need help - KD-55XD8599 switches off randomly on HDMI 1

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
theklinker
Explorer

Need help - KD-55XD8599 switches off randomly on HDMI 1

Hi

My TV randomly turns off, goes to standby, since latest firmware update 3.925

It always seems to be on HDMI 1, the resolution on screen shows as 3840x2860p when switching on the connected device

So far I tested with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and get the same results

Tried 3 different HDMI cables, factory reset and several soft resets haven't resolved the issue so far

I also have a Bose sound touch 300 which is connected via HDMI 4/ARC and SKYQ to HDMI 2

I've now had the Xbox one X plugged into HDMI 3 and there's doesn't seem to be any issue with the TV switching off

Really don't know what the problem is so hoping someone else has seen something similar and knows a solution?

Cheers

Edit: after a few more tests the issue appears to be happening on HDMI 3 now too 

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
theklinker
Explorer

I'm guessing people haven't come across this issue but I found the solution incase anyone else ever looks for it.

The issue was caused by the Bose sound touch 300. By default it's set to power off after 20 minutes if there is no audio recieved (I often use headphones for playing Xbox) so that's the reason the TV kept switching off. I changed the power setting on the soundbar via the app and now all is well

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
theklinker
Explorer

Also to add all the eco mode settings have been turned off

profile.country.GB.title
theklinker
Explorer

I'm guessing people haven't come across this issue but I found the solution incase anyone else ever looks for it.

The issue was caused by the Bose sound touch 300. By default it's set to power off after 20 minutes if there is no audio recieved (I often use headphones for playing Xbox) so that's the reason the TV kept switching off. I changed the power setting on the soundbar via the app and now all is well