Join now - be part of our community!

KD43XF8796 Built-In Chromecast - can't use "picture off"

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
HashbrownRolo

KD43XF8796 Built-In Chromecast - can't use "picture off"

Hello community,

I finally bought the XF87 model I've had my eye on since Christmas (my first ever Sony TV) and the picture is fantastic, but I'm having some issues with the finer features.

The built-in Chromecast 4k feature of this TV really caught my eye, as I used to have a physical Google Chromecast plugged in to the back of my old TV, which I often use for casting Spotify and YouTube music playlists.

To avoid the risk of the screen burning-in whilst casting Spotify, I turn the TV picture off. Annoyingly, even though this TV gives a "picture off" option from the Action Menu, it says it isn't available for use when using the casting feature.

Is there any way around this? I realise it's a new TV but I don't want a nasty white bar and a Spotify logo to be making a permanent impression any time soon.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I didn't realize there was this limitation to the casting feature but it make sense... you have a video device enabled for casting but you want to disable the video....Nonetheless one advantage of LCD panel (in my opinion, having an OLED, the only one) is that there is very very low risk of screen burning. Unless you don't use your TV in a shop 24h a day for several months to play music you should not have any problems at all

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I didn't realize there was this limitation to the casting feature but it make sense... you have a video device enabled for casting but you want to disable the video....Nonetheless one advantage of LCD panel (in my opinion, having an OLED, the only one) is that there is very very low risk of screen burning. Unless you don't use your TV in a shop 24h a day for several months to play music you should not have any problems at all

profile.country.GB.title
HashbrownRolo

Thanks rooobb,

That's reassuring at least!