Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XE9005 Recording via Memory Stick

profile.country.GB.title
PEPE-1066
Explorer

KD-49XE9005 Recording via Memory Stick

Hi,

I  was  advised by Curry's, the TV supplier, that i could record/play/pause/rewind programmes via a Memory Stick.I have today fitted a Sandisk Ultra Fit usb 3.0 Flash Drive - 128GB.Regrettably the remote control will not operate this function & indicates 'Button unavailable in Youview Mode', as it has before fitting the usb.

Also, on exploring the status of the Memory Stick via Settings/Storage i find this message confusing ie. 'Sandisk usb is safely ejected 'Does this mean that it is not securely located or that there is an issue internally with the TV.

Hope you can help.Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

AFAIK, recording is not available in youview.

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

From what I understand is that the TV model you have has single Terrestrial TV tuner which is used by Freeview and also YouView ( But can't be used at the same time )  Recording is Disabled in YouView ( I believe due to some licencing restrictions ) but not on Freeview. If you disable Youview from the System Menu then Freeview will be the TV button,, I have not tried any recording on Freeview but i don't think it will do all those features you mention.

Not sure if this helps but is a bit of a strange setup///

profile.country.GB.title
PEPE-1066
Explorer

Thanks JB for response,

I'm not certain that i can make the change to Freeview as you suggest, possibly because Youview is linked to my Broadband provider TalkTalk.

My follow up research tends to support your idea of provider confidentialty & that the issue is a no go.

I am deeply annoyed at Sony's part in this as the 'expert' who suggested this to me at Curry's is actually Sony's direct representative.

Fortunately, i also have a Humax Set Top box connected & can record from this,but would have liked to have supplemented this facility thro' the Digital aspect.

Hey Ho! i've quit on this one.What price retro technology.Thanks again for your input.

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Hello...  I also have to educate the Sony Guy in Currys / PC World about the Youview / Freeview issues and also how to get BOTH the TV sound and Headphones at the same time so I could use my old analogue surround ( Just Stereo ) to work.

One other thing, on my model, if you have Youview enabled the OnBoard Freesat is also disabled...  😞

None of it makes much sense...  Deep Joy,,,