Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth headphone pairing

profile.country.GB.title
slickricklatham
Explorer

Bluetooth headphone pairing

Hi Sony. I have a kd55 8599 tv. It's slow and not really worth the money but lucky for you I don't have the time to take it back to Currys. Anyhow I've bought one of your bluetooth headsets so I can listen to the tv silently while my wife sleeps but for some reason it don't discover your headset its an MDRzx770br. Please could I have an answer. Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @slickricklatham,

see here.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
slickricklatham
Explorer

Cheers. That's quite shocking that they would remove such a simple feature that even a cheap smart phone would have. This is the straw that broke the camels back for me, I've had it with sony so will go Samsung now and take both items back for a refund. The customer service still hasn't released an update that resolves low sound issues through their own sound bar (RT5). Guess that can go back also.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

slickricklatham schrieb:

Cheers. That's quite shocking that they would remove such a simple feature that even a cheap smart phone would have. 

From what I understand the TVs never had this feature, so nothing got removed.

The post I linked is a speculation why the TVs don't support any bluetooth headset and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I just linked it for the first sentence, explaining, that your TV does not support the correct bluetooth standard to use the headset.

- Nic