Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

profile.country.GB.title
grayhm63
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

Contacted Sony - all their attempts failed.

I tried installing the latest firmware update V2605 online through TV( I have 150Mb cable), also downloaded the firmware and put onto a USB(tried the two file method also).

Every time, via TV setting software update, the download crashes at 64%(states "An error occurred during the software update, . The update server in temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error: 2123).

The usb( usb slot 1 and 2 tried) method also crashes out into reboot at about 64% too.

Downloaded the firmware numerous time.

Any ideas ?

129 REPLIES 129
profile.country.GB.title
Simply4Me

Just to report that I approached the update on my 49X83 with some trepidation after reading this thread. Downloaded over WiFi and it worked first time.

Much relieved!

sunlightd
New

I'm having the same issue (restarts at 65% when installing from USB) with a 50W805C. Can you send me the same instructions?

Thanks,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sunlightd - ive sent you a PM.

TheOneTheGreat
Explorer

Guess what, same issue. Could I please get an instructions how fix it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TheOneTheGreat - what model is your tv?

TheOneTheGreat
Explorer

Quinnicus KD-49X8305C

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Ive sent you a PM with some instructions.

Cheers

TheOneTheGreat
Explorer

@Anonymous Much appreciated. Worked perfectly! Quick question thou... my buddy in the States has bricked KDL-50W800C. That TV is in boot loop: SONY logo comes up then 4 flying color dots then it reboots. Occasionally, he says, 'Optimizing apps comes up but then it reaches 192 out of 192 and... reboot. Any help with this issue is very much appreciated.
Sly079
Explorer

Hi, I'm having the same issue with a 55X8505C. 

Can you sent me the same instruction?

Thanks

Roland

Rossdoc81
Explorer

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my 43w755w. Could you please send me instructions on how to fix this as it crashes at 69% everytime I try to update from th USB stick.

Thanks

Ross