Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

profile.country.GB.title
grayhm63
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

Contacted Sony - all their attempts failed.

I tried installing the latest firmware update V2605 online through TV( I have 150Mb cable), also downloaded the firmware and put onto a USB(tried the two file method also).

Every time, via TV setting software update, the download crashes at 64%(states "An error occurred during the software update, . The update server in temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error: 2123).

The usb( usb slot 1 and 2 tried) method also crashes out into reboot at about 64% too.

Downloaded the firmware numerous time.

Any ideas ?

129 REPLIES 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@triggz86 - ive sent you a pm with instructions, let me kbow how you get on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ralph53 - is your tv connected to the interner, if so you dont need to download it to usb, just do a system software update on the tv via the help menu.

If you cant do that, the detailed instructions are located where you downloaded the usb firmware update.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kd-4Kmodels-firmware-update-v2645-...

Boba77Fett
Explorer

Hi

I have a KD-55X9305C, it has not been able to update since getting out of the box, I have it hard wired and it wont auto update, crashes same as all the other comments here;

I have attempted numerous manual updates using a USB drive and the sony firmware downloaded from their support site; last week with the previous YouView update and now with the latest v2645

As usual it gets to about 81% then hangs and cuts out. TV reboots about 3 times and again update has failed.

I would VERY much appreciate a fix, if anyone can describe how they have got their updates to work I would be very grateful

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boba77Fett - ive sent you a private message with some instructions.  Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Boba77Fett
Explorer

@Anonymous as I said in my PM it worked and many thanks to you for the help.

sibbers2000
Explorer

Hi, I have a kdl 43w756c that fails at 71% on updating. I would appreciate it if you could help. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have replied to your PM with some instructions.  Let me know how you ge on.

Cheers

sibbers2000
Explorer

That worked a treat! Thanks for your help

bvm690
Explorer

Hi, I have a kd-49X8305c that fails at 71% on updating. I would appreciate it if you could help. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bvm690

Hi there

Ive sent you a private message with some instructions.  Let me know how you get on.

Cheers