Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

profile.country.GB.title
grayhm63
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

Contacted Sony - all their attempts failed.

I tried installing the latest firmware update V2605 online through TV( I have 150Mb cable), also downloaded the firmware and put onto a USB(tried the two file method also).

Every time, via TV setting software update, the download crashes at 64%(states "An error occurred during the software update, . The update server in temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error: 2123).

The usb( usb slot 1 and 2 tried) method also crashes out into reboot at about 64% too.

Downloaded the firmware numerous time.

Any ideas ?

129 REPLIES 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mohsen124

Try updating using the USB method.  See link for instructions:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/kd-4K-2015-android-models-update-v3395-eu...

Cheers

Ralph53
Explorer

Hi If you purchased it brand new you should have a 2 year warrant with it .
contact the supplier and they should contact Sony for you or contact Sony
your self as long as you have the receipt ?? You're broadband speed should
be at least 3.3mbps for downloading updates to this TV. I have no problems.
Good luck Ralph
mohsen124
Explorer

hi

if i want to go to other region for example asia,can i update my tv to new region firmware?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mohsen124 wrote:

hi

if i want to go to other region for example asia,can i update my tv to new region firmware?

Hi there

You will need to contact Sony support to confirm this - but it is my understanding that as long as the firmware version is higher than the one currently installed, then the TV will install it.  (but dont quote me on that for other geographical regions)

Cheers

Ralph53
Explorer

I would contact Sony TV Direct in Japan ??
mohsen124
Explorer

hiif i want to go to other region for example asia,can i update my tv to new region firmware?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mohsen124

You will need to contact Sony support to confirm this - but it is my understanding that as long as the firmware version is higher than the one currently installed, then the TV will install it.  (but dont quote me on that for other geographical regions)

robsonyrob
Explorer

I have just bought my brand new Sony KD-49x8305c.

Taken it out of the box connected to the internet via the network cable and attempted to do the software update.

It has downloaded the data, showing 99% complete. Has sat at 99% complete for over two hours without doing anything.

Looks like it has crashed, but I dont want to turn it off in case it messes soemthing up.

Is this normal, or do I need to call the shop?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @robsonyrob

You might need to pull the plug to be honest, if it hasnt worked by the time you read this.  If not, please reply back and ill private message you with some instructions.

Cheers

robsonyrob
Explorer

Yep,

I pressed the 'back' button, then unplugged the TV and started again.
It is now downloading the update all over again. Think Im going to leave it riunning overnight and hope it is all sorted in the morning (maybe I'm dreaming)

Please feel free to message me I will try anything to get it going but not going to touch it till the morning, had enough of this right now. :slight_frown: