Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

profile.country.GB.title
grayhm63
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

Contacted Sony - all their attempts failed.

I tried installing the latest firmware update V2605 online through TV( I have 150Mb cable), also downloaded the firmware and put onto a USB(tried the two file method also).

Every time, via TV setting software update, the download crashes at 64%(states "An error occurred during the software update, . The update server in temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error: 2123).

The usb( usb slot 1 and 2 tried) method also crashes out into reboot at about 64% too.

Downloaded the firmware numerous time.

Any ideas ?

129 REPLIES 129
pyns2k16
Explorer

Hi, I have the same problem on my 49x83c. Update gets stuck at around 75%. Could you please provide the fix? 

Regards

Ralph53
Explorer

Suggest you check broadband speed also check bytes on zip file download ? If speed is not 3.6mbs you could have a problem. Suggest you find a friend with speed of 3.6 or above download file onto computer check byte on zip file , then unzip file. Thenput onto usb stick which has been reformatted ( no other files on USB) then load onto TV. As instructed on Sony website Good luck
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pyns2k16

I have replied to your PM - Let me know how you get on. 

Cheers

revz34
Explorer

KD-49X8305C stuck on PKG.2.287.0010EUB and won't update to PKG3.395 via wired Ethernet to my Broadband router or the 1.2GB offline pkg file loaded onto several USB sticks.  Quinnicus, could you PM the ideas you've sent others?  Cheers 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@revz34 - if sent you a PM, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Hey having the same issue as everyone you've helped so far only the download is through the smart TV rather than by USB. Would you be able to help?

Thanks 

tashis_pk
Explorer

Hi,

I have the same TV model and facing the same situation when updating. Would you be able to share how you resolved it? Getting sliwly frustrated with the set:/ Thanks!

Piotr

Ralph53
Explorer

Hi I would suggest (1) make sure your broadband speed is above 3.3mb If
it is not you have a problem.
(2) Download onto a USB stick clean ( no other programs on stick ) on some
ones computer with broadband running at 3.3mb or above. Then follow Sony
instructions , when downloaded Zip file check the *bytes* are the same as
on instruction sheet. Then open zipped file and this always works for me.
I have done this now 3 times for my brother who is not on the Internet.
GOOD Luck
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tashis_pk - ive sent you a private message with some instructions.  Cheers

mohsen124
Explorer

hi

i bought sony 55x8505c with software version pkg2.257.0010eub

i have two problem : my tv hasn't good picture  and it can't play 4k movie .will it be better after update?

when i want to update it can't connect to internet.error 2200.

help me please.it make me crazy.