Join now - be part of our community!

Google Home + Android TV

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Google Home + Android TV

Anyone seen anything about the update Sony Android TVs are supposed to be getting to enable Google Home support? 

As reported here - https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/19/google-home-sony-speakers-android-tvs/

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/audio/google-home-uk-release-date-price-features-specs-rumour...

"Currently, Google has "no plans" to launch Home in the UK (or any other country) but that doesn't mean we won't see a UK launch in 2017."

Personal Opinion - These 'always on' listening devices are quite worrying on a privacy and secuity level.  I wouldnt trust Google/Amazon/Apple etc.  Then you have outside 'government' agencies having access to this information even under UKs 'Snoopers Charters' law.  One could even contemplate that CIA/FBI/GCHQ etc could break into the system and 'listen' into any ones conversation at any time.  For me, until huge privacy issues and concerns are addressed, I would not use these products even if they paid me.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Thanks man. I understand that Google are yet to make any announcements re: Google Home for the UK, that said, there was a Sony announcement regarding the compatibility https://blog.sony.com/press/sony-announces-audio-and-video-products-that-work-with-the-google-assist...

I was hoping to discover when this might hit UK. One would think/hope that the functionality would roll out ahead of the launch (plus: some of us MIGHT have already imported a Home, ahem). 

:slight_smile: 

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Now that Home is out in the UK, I'm giving this a bump just in case anyone is having the same problems. 

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Giving this a bump. 

What with new firmware updates coming and Google Home now available in the UK, anyone heard or read anything about full support being implemented as reported above? 

Buurbachi
New

Unfortunately Sony is not very good with helping with this issue. I had the same issue and what I did worked for me. 

You have to go into the TV settings and delete your Google profile. Sign in again and then go back to settings. 

There you can find the settings to connect your phone remotely.

You will be shown an ssid set up. 

Click on that. This will create a tether wireless connection called bravia something.

Now change the WiFi from your phone and connect to the bravia network.

Go to Google home and try to set up the new device.

This worked for me. Hope it does for you too.

profile.country.HU.title
vpete87
Explorer

Hi! 

My Google Home Work fine with my KD-55XE8505 but, 

The TV dont work as a smart screen, the google home assistent told me the TV not supported this feature, but iif i use the remote controller assistent works perfectly. 

Exaple i told show me the wather on TV...the google reply that must be work. 

Any Ideas?