Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware Update 5.417

profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Firmware Update 5.417

Error messages from app: Sorry something went wrong when you are ready give it another try. Linked, re-linked, re-started tried everything. Between apps are communications but with voice commands given to google home not opening any apps on tv. When hitting the play music in Home app getting the following error: Unable to play music on this device at the moment. If trying to modify something in the Home setting, getting the following error Could not communicate with your Android TV. Only the adjusting the Volume option is available. How strange. Please advise

Please see some screenshots as well: 

screenshot

17 REPLIES 17
stupot2001
Explorer

This might work....

Clear cache and data of Chromecast on your TV:

1. On the TV, go to Settings>Apps>System apps>Google Cast - clear cache and data, force stop the app and disable it.
  2. This should make the TV disappear from the Google Home app. 
  3. Rename the TV to Master TV or Living Room TV
  4. Enable the Google Cast app from the TV - Settings>Apps>System apps>Google Cast
  5. Launch Google Home app and check if the new name of the TV is showing in Devices and also under More Settings>TVs and Speakers as a voice supported device.
  6. Try issuing a voice command to Google Home to play video on <name of TV>
profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Hello,

Google Cast: clearing cash and data, unistalling updates, updating doesn't solve the problem

I've installed Home app on TV, and I'm attaching some pictures. The app can see all my lights and smart plugs, but not communicating with Google home or the TV itself but let's me to change settings...

Photo

profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Command: OK Google, play video on my TV

Answer: Playing video from youtube on TV. Sorry something went wrong when you are ready give it another try.

Command: OK Google. Play music on TV

Answer. Playing music from Spotify. Sorry something went wrong when you are ready give it another try.

profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Hi,

I've the following answer from GOOGLE:

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your Google Home device and voice commands to play content to your TV. We are currently receiving and investigating similar reports. I have forwarded your issue to our development team and we are actively working with our partners to provide a stable solution.

In the meantime, could you please submit a feedback report by following the steps below.  This will provide us with some log files so we can review it further and help us improve the experience for all users. Before submitting the feedback report, make sure to recreate the issue by attempting to ask Google Home "Hey Google, play (video name) on (YouTube/Netflix) on (name of the TV/Chromecast) and then follow the steps below.

Important: Recreate the issue before continuing with the steps below and take note of any error message Google Home will tell you.

Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same WiFi as your Google Home device.

1. Open the Home App Google Home app
  2. Find the appropriate device card you'd like to turn the usage data and crash reports on.
  3. Select Settings 
  4. Scroll down, under " Privacy" toggle the slider to the right to enable Google Home device to send usage data and crash reports to Google.
  5. Go back to the Google Home main page
  6. In the bottom left corner, tap on the accounts button .
  7. Select Feedback.   
  8. Tap the device you'd like to submit feedback for.
  9. In the From: section, tap the arrow on the right to display available emails. Select your email address.
  10. In the Write your feedback area, write a brief description of your issue.
  11. Include the keywords below in the description, else I may not be able to find the report.
    1. Keywords: GHT3 25878
    2. You can also include on the keywords any error messages that Google Home said after giving it the command.
    3. Be sure to check the box for Include screenshot and logs.
  12. To submit feedback, tap the arrow icon on the top right corner.

Thank you very much for taking the time to file a feedback. We will get back to you as soon as an update is available.

profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

Hi passuth00, have you done what Google have suggested?? I'm highly skeptical that this is a Google problem, much more likely a Sony one. 

Either way it's good that Google are investigating - I wonder what Sony is doing?

profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Hi, Sony are investigating as well. 

In reference to your query, we can confirm that your case is currently being under investigation to provide yourself with the best resolution at the earliest opportunity.

Please rest assured that we will get back to you once we receive any updates on your case.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,
SONY SUPPORT TEAM

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Thank you for your patience.
Please note that your case has been under investigation, and we can confirm that the reported issues will be resolved by Google in the near future.
For the meanwhile, we can recommend the following:

1. Please make sure that the following applications are up to date on the TV (built-in Chromecast - Spotify - Netflix - Youtube)
Also, we can confirm that casting from Spotify or Netflix to your Android TV is currently not supported, but will be supported soon. You can find more information on this in the following links:

- Spotify: https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7030086?hl=en&ref_topic=7029584 
- Netflix:
https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7214982?hl=en&ref_topic=7029584 
Should you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your enquiry.

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Good day! As of the recent updates, the Development team made a decision to temporarily disable the voice casting feature for Google Home devices for Cast capable devices while working on a fix. You can still manually cast content from your devices to your Sony TV as a workaround for the meantime while this is still being fixed. This issue has become a lot more challenging than expected resulting in a longer resolution time. There is no real timeline on when this issue will be resolved, but this is something we are working on at the moment. I'll keep working with the team and update you in a few weeks regarding any updates I may have. I'll also keep monitoring this issue and sharing your feedback with the team. Thanks for the continued patience. Thanks, GOOGLE