Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware Update 5.417

profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Firmware Update 5.417

Error messages from app: Sorry something went wrong when you are ready give it another try. Linked, re-linked, re-started tried everything. Between apps are communications but with voice commands given to google home not opening any apps on tv. When hitting the play music in Home app getting the following error: Unable to play music on this device at the moment. If trying to modify something in the Home setting, getting the following error Could not communicate with your Android TV. Only the adjusting the Volume option is available. How strange. Please advise

Please see some screenshots as well: 

screenshot

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi passuth00,

I assume you're facing these problems with your TV. Let us know the model number so we can look this up for you. Also, if these problems only started after a recent update, a  simple power cycle could greatly help get rid of these errors.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Hi, 
Model numer is kdl-43w800c Unfortunately I'm not the only one. 

Please see another comment below:
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=true&...
Thank you

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi passuth00,

If the Power Cycle didn't work, then I'd suggest you reset the TV to factory defaults and check if it cured the problems.

Let us know your feedback afterwards,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

This sounds very similar to my problem too...

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/cannot-use-google-home-after-firmware-v5-417-installed/td...

And I'v e done a factory reset and the problem still exists. 

profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Hi,
I've already done it. Tried to downgrade firmware to previous version but not letting me...Trust me I've tried everything. Browsing the internet I've found out the more and more people having the same issue...
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi MiteBe,

I've had a look on your thread and just want to clarify one thing. Is Google Home able to detect any other devices apart from your Sony TV?

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
passuth00
Explorer

Yes, I've got two Google home devices and both of them are able to communicate with my smart lights but NOT with TV

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

Hi Vanilla, I can Chromecast to my STR-DN10180 from my phone and Google Home Mini. I can also still control all my Hue lights. 

When you try and add a device in Google Home it says multiple devices found, but no new ones.

Just an extra note. We use(d) the function every morning to listen to the radio through the TV (that turns itself on, tunes in to the radio station, which then turns on my STR-DA3600ES and plays the music through an ARC connection). I did the upgrade in the morning as when the TV switched on it mentioned the software update - which I then did. Then tried to use the radio and it didn't work. It would be a remarkable coincidence if it was something other than the firmware update that's stopped this from working.

Thanks