Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia sync seems confused.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Andy.D
Explorer

Bravia sync seems confused.

Hi. I received my A95L on Saturday so still setting it up but have met a small problem. I have a kodi player plugged into HDMI 4, but the TV remote doesn't control it - at all. I ended up finding the Bravia Sync device list and according to that the player is connected to HDMI 1, not 4. If I re-plug to input 1 then the remote does indeed control it. If I re-plug back to input 4 then still no good. Is there any way to 'persuade' Bravia Sync that the device really is in 4?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Andy.D 

Try having the TV and the Kodi player in standby, or better still powered off, before connecting them together.

Hot-plugging HDMI devices isn’t, strictly, supported, though it often does work; but when it doesn’t, try cold-plugging them instead.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Andy.D 

Try having the TV and the Kodi player in standby, or better still powered off, before connecting them together.

Hot-plugging HDMI devices isn’t, strictly, supported, though it often does work; but when it doesn’t, try cold-plugging them instead.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Andy.D
Explorer

Great - thanks for that. I'll try it tonight. 

profile.country.GB.title
Andy.D
Explorer

Brilliant - thank you! I unplugged from the mains and the HDMI cables. Left it for 10 mins and powered back up. Perfect. The remote now controls the box plugged into HDMI 4 (and the list shows it correctly as being plugged in to 4)

Thank you!