Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Android TV - Why is Programme List Transfer greyed out?

SOLVED
noelc63

Bravia Android TV - Why is Programme List Transfer greyed out?

I have a Bravia KDL43W755C. After scanning two satellites I have several thousand programmes. I need to go through these to delete and reorder them, but the built-in functionality (I'm being kind and diplomatic here) is severely lacking in this department.

I discovered a piece of software called Sony Editor, but this requires the programme list to be transfered to a USB drive. Even with an empty USB drive inserted into the TV, the "Programme List Transfer" option in the Satellite/Technical menu is greyed out. Why is this and what can be done to enable it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this feature has not been enabled yet.  It will be enabled in a firmware update - but i do not know when.

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this feature has not been enabled yet.  It will be enabled in a firmware update - but i do not know when.

Cheers

noelc63

Wonderful. It wouldn't be necessary to use this feature if the built-in channel deleting/sorting functionality was approaching usable. Whoever looked after that part of the set's software needs some HCI training, it seems.

noelc63

By the way, thanks for the answer, even if it wasn't the one I was hoping for.

profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

In my TV it is not enabled because of two reasons:

1) An usb pen/hdd has to be attached

2) If it is attached and not anabled anyway try restarting the TV, I had this problem

But consider that the feature doesn't work, at least in my machine.

You export and edit the list, you import it back, the tv restarts and everything seems to be all right.

After few hours or if you turn of the TV the list start changing adding back deleted programs and deliting wanted one.

Rubbish

Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C
davidryan34

I was hoping that once the editor was enabled in Ireland that I could get my channels once and for all into the order that I want. Reading the other comments it seems that even after all the effort of editing the channel list on a PC, the channels still reset themselves into their previous order. It's beyond a joke the that you can't just simply change the order without all this difficulty.

Since the last FW update I've noticed a few new issues that weren't there when I purchased my TV after Christmas.

1. USB playback of video content is faulty. I had 'The Martian' on a USB in late December and it played without any issues. I had two different movies on stick tonight and both had issues and were unplayable.

2. After selecting a channel and watching it for a short while, after about 10 seconds the screen refreshes as if I've reselected the channel via the remote control.

3. If I go into the Satellite channels first following start up, the channels have a black screen and an antenna issue is reported as the fault. If I go out into Digital and return to Satellite the channels are then fine.

4. As above, my main issue and gripe is the channel editor function where I delete or rearrange the channel order and within minutes sometimes days, the channels have reverted back to their original number and placement.

As it's not Currys/PC World's fault and solely Sony's, I wonder where we stand on getting a refund? I would class the TV as faulty, Sony just keeping telling me to update the firmware, I already did weeks ago, and write in detailing the issues found in lots of detail. Sony must think we have nothing better to be doing with our time!!!!

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

I also have issues 2, 3, 4 exactly the way you report.

I wonder WHERE is SONY. I would like to believe that SONY company OWNERS, SONY company PROGRAMERS, SONY company PERSONEL, TECHNICIANS, STAFF etc use SONY televisions in their homes for them and their family. I hope they do not use another brandt like SAMSUNG, LG, PANASONIC, PHILIPS, BLAUPUNKT or non popular, no-name ones :slight_smile:

I believe that after a new firmware released, the first "person" that should start discussion with problems is SONY. User should ONLY add what they noticed as problems that SONY possibly did not notice. Firmware should be able to accept small patches for every problem reported and this should be done DAILY. Not once a month or two months and with the whole firmware replaced. Whole firmware could be placed once or twice a year. Microsoft for exable does not replace Windows every month but gives daily UPDATES. Also gives huge, almost new Windows but gives it once or twice a year.

radioalarm
Explorer

Hi. At least on my W755C the problem was another USB drive inserted in dedicated recording port. I pulled it out, and menu choice was enabled instantly. I could backup DVB-C cable channels and edit them in in software.

P.S. what a crappy interface, do not buy those Android TVs.

profile.country.BG.title
dimitrok
New

Very helpful . THANKS !